care sheets

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
M. rickyi no known caresheet ? anyone have a url for the most caresheets for scorps? I am just getting a bit here and a bit there... what a drag.

loosey

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Loosey,

This is because they are generally not kept in captivity. One of the pics on the scorpion files is by Jeff Dawson, however, so I will assume he has kept them at some point. I will PM you his email addy and you can ask any questions you might have.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Where on earth did you get an M. rickyi ? And where can I get some? :D Dave is on the money with his suggestion.

John
];')

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
if ...

if I can get them I will pm you both and let you know...

really :)

looseyfur

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
If you can get them I'll erect a shrine in your honour. ;) They are not exactly commonly available.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Yeah they are tiny little things...You'll need to get a magnifying glass. :D

John
];')

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
words of wisdom from J.dawson

Hiya Ed ,

You are correct , i do keep them and have bred them quite successfully too . I was fortunate enough that a fellow scorpion enthusiast was in Trinidad and Tobago on holiday and he collected a sexed pair for me as a 'present' along with some Tityus trinitatis .
Given their location , a forest set-up is ideal at 90 degrees f . I have mine on soil and stone as well as plant 'decor' and loose leaves ( all fake to keep out mites ) These scorpions are sooooo tiny , and mite invasion will certainly kill them !!! I seriously doubt ever seeing them in the pet trade , but one never knows !
Happy hunting ;-)

Regards,

Jeff

I am still trying to track them down in the pet trade.

Looseyfur

jilly scopian

Arachnopeon
hi scop lvrs i have recently got 2 emperors they are amazing pets i have one of each sex and am hoping at some point to mate them, can anyone tell me what age they mate plz.also i enjoyed reading your forum great imfo. ;P

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi scop lvrs i have recently got 2 emperors they are amazing pets i have one of each sex and am hoping at some point to mate them, can anyone tell me what age they mate plz.also i enjoyed reading your forum great imfo. ;P
Wow! I don't think I ever searched for a thread this old.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow! I don't think I ever searched for a thread this old.
jilly scopian, probably found a link through a search engine that brought "him/her" to this sight, went to respond... got the prompt to register... registered, then was returned to the page "they" were viewing to make the comment.

jilly scopian:
Emps will mate at around 6th or 7th instar, at adulthood. Most identifying characteristic of a juvie is the white to cream colored telson (stinger). Other than the telson showing it to be a youngin' it is hard to tell its exact age, a picturer of the under side, of the feathery thing, where the legs come together (or the pectin) can help ID its sex, again a young specimen is harder to sex.

Get some pic up and antone here will be more than happy to help. :D