Care of P. mystaceus

heldipede

Arachnopeon
Hi all! Last weekend I purchased a Phidippus mystaceus at a local show. It is def a male! Don't know if it is wild caught or captive bred. Given I am in TN and it's not a popular species, it's likely that it is wild caught (did not know this when I purchased.) ANYWAY!

There isn't a whole lot of information on their care and was wondering if anyone who has kept the species has any tips on how they differ from others like p. audux and p. regius (both of which I've kept a lot of). Thanks for any input!

pmystaceus.jpg

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I do not think it would be any different than other jumping spiders care. And by using / utilizing search function / option, you easily can find lots.

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
I doubt they would have much of a difference in care compared to other Phidippus species. But I’m unsure how much Phidippus vary.

Lectra

Arachnopeon
They are tree jumpers and seem to be more active in hotter, less humid, and sunnier unlike others. There really isn’t much info. I have found on raising them in captivity. My female is the sweetest and most social jumper I’ve had. She doesn’t web the top of enclosures like other jumpers I’ve had and loves to web and hole up in cork bark compartments. I may have spiderlings soon actually. I think cork bark or almond bark tubes (used for betta fish), or cholla should be used to simulate a tree environment where they are the happiest:)

Attachments