Care for cm sized baby scorpions?

Nexxs

Arachnopeon
I have a couple of Mesobuthus Martensii's who gave birth a week ago. The babies have finally came off of their mothers back, but I dont have any lats or pinheads to feed them yet. what can I feed them for now? TIA :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
They will probably take mealworms or prekilled regular crickets. Just use tweezers to make the prey item "move"a a little

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I have a couple of Mesobuthus Martensii's who gave birth a week ago. The babies have finally came off of their mothers back, but I dont have any lats or pinheads to feed them yet. what can I feed them for now? TIA :)
Chopped Wax worms or crushed crickets will do just fine, wax worms are probably better as they wiggle for a while after being chopped up.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
by regular crickets, does it mean the adult sized ones? pardon my ignorance
If the young are still with the mother only feed small crickets, if too large the mother may see the cricket as a preditor and turn on the young and start eating them.

Nexxs

Arachnopeon
If the young are still with the mother only feed small crickets, if too large the mother may see the cricket as a preditor and turn on the young and start eating them.
Thanks desert, I've separated the babies from the mother now since they dont climb on their mom anymore.​