Carapace Injury

PatrickM

Arachnopeon
So I rescued a G. Rosea off of craigslist last week. The owner was a great guy but did everything you can do wrong.... Over sized enclosure, dirty bark off the sidewalk for substrate, 6+ crickets living in the enclosure, and not even removing the molt or cleaning the cage once (there was even bits of trash and sunflower seeds mixed in with the substrate).

Thankfully the forums search tool helped me put this guy in a proper home. However, there is one issue that I have not been able to find answer too. There is a hole in his carapace. I've seen small indentations on other Roseas in pictures, but nothing close to this deep. The owner claimed that he had molted 2 weeks ago so I'm guessing either the bark or crickets are to blame. Any input?

Outside of that its acting just like any other healthy G. Rosea.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you could get a less blurry picture, that would help. But with these pictures, looks like a normal rosie to me.

Mammothdog

Arachnopeon
It may have been a cricket but luckily she's alive and well. It should fix itself in the next molt.

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
Some species even have projection instead of a depression, leading to "horned spiders"