Caramell's Tiny Collection

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I don't really have a lot of T's, but I take a lot of photos of some of them, so I decided to start this thread!
The photos I'll post now will be from last year, since that's when I got BIT! {D

Megatron, the A. avicularia
Please ignore the cage setup, I changed it later after being enlightened on the boards.

His first molt in my care! What a color change!

In all his glory...

RIP Megatron!

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Second T! Grammostola pulchra, Mellon

Shortly after getting Megatron, I got myself a G.pulchra, one of the most desirable Ts to have in a collection! His name is Mellon. :)

Arriving at a new home!

He dug a ditch in his kritter keeper once. "Hallo thar!"

Third molt in my care!(I couldn't find the folder of photos of his whole first molt sequence. :8o )

And here he is today: started as a one inch sling in June '09, now a 3.5" black beauty!

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Recent additions...

Last month, I ordered myself a few more babies: a B.albopilosum, a Nhandu coloratovillosus, and a P.cancerides(cancerides not pictures as I realized I couldn't handle the fast little bugger,so someone is adopting him from me ;) )

Teddy Graham the B. albopilosum!

Arrival! Excellent packing by Kelly Swift

I'm thinkin' female :D

Here she is now. Bald butt=molt soon!

N. coloratovillosus (nameless as of now)

One molt bigger and in his cute,deep burrow!

New arrivals tomorrow..... ;P

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great shots.. Congrats on the new critters..

The albopilosum is also not in premolt.. Has a bald rump due to kicking hairs.. Once that bald spot turns black.. Then it will soon molt.. :)

opticle

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
gorgeous pulchra yes, looks amazing, also i really like your setup for the aboreal with the waterdish amongst the leafs, very well done! :clap:

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great shots.. Congrats on the new critters..

The albopilosum is also not in premolt.. Has a bald rump due to kicking hairs.. Once that bald spot turns black.. Then it will soon molt.. :)
Hehe, I know she'll molt when the spot turns a dark color. Sometimes the semi-noob part of me still pokes through. :eek:
I remember one day looking at her and seeing all her hairs on there, and then the next day, she was bald! Definitely didn't like something... :p

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Problems with USPS...

I wish I had something to add here today.
I was supposed to receive my shipment today, but nothing arrived. :(
The tracking information hadn't even been updated since Tuesday...

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Caramell, Nice spiders and +1, especially the pulchra! :)

Terry

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shaniqua the Lasiodora Difficilis

Back story to Shaniqua:
Me and my mom needed to go to a store to get supplies. We stopped by an awful LPS that always keeps its reptiles in bad conditions. I saw Shaniqua sitting in the corner of her 10 gallon tank, which was bare except for the bark chips and water bowl with dry sponge in it. She was labeled as a Chilean Rose tarantula for 25 dollars.
I asked my mom if we could get her, since she was so cheap, and mother said I could get her only if I could get her for cheaper. I asked an employee there if he could drop the price, and he replied "No,sorry, we can't drop the price any lower, we usually sell them for 35..." No wonder no one wanted her. Well mom gave in anyway, and we bought her that same evening. When the employee brought her up to the cashier, he said "Tarantula, 20 dollars." {D

She luckily molted three days later, and then paraded out of her hide a week later. To my astonishment, she wasn't a rosie! That's how dull she was in premolt, even I believed her to be a G. rosea. Some of the lovely people on this site have identified her to be a Lasiodora difficilis.

Gorgeous colors.

Caramell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
New Addition: Kiki the avic!

I was very attached to my former avic, Megatron, so I decided to get another one! I posted a photo of a ventral in the appropriate section, I'm 99.99% sure she's female, add your opinion if you want!

Female?

She's the second T I've ever handled(I seem to only trust avics at this time), what a sweetie!

She's already built herself a cute little web in her enclosure.

Here's the whole enclosure: