Captive Breeding Question:

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi all, I notice from a number of threads that a good many of us are breeding our tarantulas. I'm curious which species every one is working on:
I've currently got the following in the works:

1) Pterinochilus murinus - Female bred in September, spiderlings emerged in December and are currently 4th instar.
2) Avicularia avicularia - Female bred in January, currently with eggsac going on 3rd week. Male sent to ExoPets in January. No news on eggsac from there yet.
3) Ceratogyrus brachycephalus - Male sent to e-spiderworld in January. Male got munched. No news of eggsac yet.
4) Acanthoscurria geniculata - Males (2) sent to e-spiderworld in March. 1st male got munched. 2nd male in the bullpen. No news of eggsac yet.

These are my planned breeding for this year:
1) Pterinochilus chordatus - Female ready to go, all I need to do is find a male.
2) Grammostola aureostriatum - Male and female already in hand. Waiting on male to mature.
3) Brachypelma albopilosum - Male and female already on hand. Waiting on male to mature
4) Pterinochilus murinus - Possibly after my big female molts.
5) Aphonopelma seemani - Female ready to go. Looking for a mature male.

Ralph

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm working on:
G rosea- red phase Still waiting to see if I get any eggsacs
G areostriata Will be starting soon

I plan to be working on by years end:
P regalis
P cambridgei
E campestratus

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's cool you guys are breeding, if any of mine turn out to be males I will send them out for breeding purposes.

Andy

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, we currently have several bred G.rosea and two bred B.vagans. We also have a male P.regalis that has a date with one of our females. Lastly, I have several (6) female usumbaras and a juvenile that I suspect is male. Mostly I breed scorps, though.

Cheers,
Dave