Can't think of good name for subject,just look inside

Are you gonna start a Journal?

• Yes,I love the idea!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, to much work,and my favorite soap opera is on.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Inconclusive

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I am going to keep a Journal of all of my Tarantulas:Moults,Interesting things and other stuff.I am going to post it in a thread when i'm dne woth my journal.(Not for a while)I thought that some of you out there might want to do this to,so when we're telling amazing stories of what our Tarantulas do,you dont have to say, Um... I forgot.And take up more space.Just a thought tho.:p

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats a good idea Ben.
I've been useing the arachnopets tracking system.

E

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I've got my two up on spidertalk too. It's a pretty nice setup, but my pics don't link :( Sooner or later I'm gonna have to figure out how to use the webspace AT&T provides.

Bill

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been doing that as well. I catalogue when I feed Peso, and what I feed him/her, how long it takes for the feeding to finish, and so on. I even recorded Peso's first car ride, and how he behaved while it was going on.
Paul

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think the appeal of this will soon fade.

I keep track of where and when purchased and moults, done and done. Year one with a tarantula isn't all that different than year fifteen with the same tarantula, or the fifteenth tarantula for that matter.

Day 1: the tarantula sat there in the corner for most of the day motionless. Later in the day I noticed it had moved to another corner, motionless when I was observing it.

Day 1500: the tarantula sat there in the corner for most of the day motionless. Later in the day I noticed it had moved to another corner, motionless when I was observing it.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I do not keep a journal, but I use an Excel spreadsheet to track:
scientific name, common name, date of purchase, sex, molt records, matings, eggsacs...etc etc... any info that I feel is pertinent.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by Rookie
I've been doing that as well. I catalogue when I feed Peso, and what I feed him/her, how long it takes for the feeding to finish, and so on. I even recorded Peso's first car ride, and how he behaved while it was going on.
Paul
Hum, you've got me beat - I keep a journal noting date of purchase/arrival, molts, and any unusual notes. Never kept a feeding record though.
Off subject, but the second g.pulchra that I got from Kelly molted 2 days ago and Onyx - the one from Pat - has gotten so fat I don't know how she hauls her butt around :) has your Peso gotten fat like this yet?

Gail

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I keep a feeding record in that I record what days I feed all the inverts and what days I feed the juvies. The amount is selected on the spot and not recorded. If I opt not to feed because a T is post-moult or is obviously still stuffed from an overly generous feeding, I do not bother recording it. Thus, my records consist of feeding days, moults, any observed problems, any interesting behaviour, matings, attempted matings, birth of young (scorpions) etc. Also date of aquisition, who I aquired it from, what it cost me etc.

Cheers,
Dave