Resolved Can't post anymore on Safari

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
There is no text box on Safari v13.1.1 - not sure when this changed, but definitely sometime in the last week or two.

Mobile Safari is still fine.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Can you post some screenshots? We definitely didn't change anything in the last week or two. Is this on a mobile device or a mac? Does it happen with other browsers besides safari?

Have you updated anything on your device recently?

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
It’s on my work laptop. Possibly a safari update recently - I’ll have to check. Firefox on the same system is fine. Mobile Safari is fine.
I’ll see if it’s the same on my home laptop and post a screenshot if it is.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Unfortunately, I don't have a mac to test with. :(

this is only happening on safari 13.1.1 and it's happening on all macs that you use?

Is it happening in all three different styles?

The one thing that I can suggest at this time is that if other browsers are working for you is to use one of them.

I'll keep searching to see if I can find out anything about this, but I haven't been successful so far. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Unfortunately, I don't have a mac to test with. :(

this is only happening on safari 13.1.1 and it's happening on all macs that you use?

Is it happening in all three different styles?

The one thing that I can suggest at this time is that if other browsers are working for you is to use one of them.

I'll keep searching to see if I can find out anything about this, but I haven't been successful so far. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Apparently it magically fixed itself, so...yay? I bet they screwed up something minor in a Safari update and then patched it by cover of night.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Apparently it magically fixed itself, so...yay? I bet they screwed up something minor in a Safari update and then patched it by cover of night.
A solid rule of thumb: always do a full cold reboot after any update or upgrade, even just suspected. I've fixed over half of my wifes computer problems, 2 PCs and a Mac, and her tablet and cell phone, just telling her to do that.
Even better, do the reboot twice. Once for the OS to put away all of it's toys and bring them out again and a second time when it puts the toys away in a much more orderly fashion.
(This can be graphically observed with the Windows OS's. After some update or upgrade, clean the registry, compact it, then check it's size. Then reboot and repeat. Then reboot and repeat again. Very often the size will shrink twice.)

Last edited: