Cant get my centipede to eat.

Proxy

Arachnopeon
Mes is a 3.5cm nz red centipede, an adult and i have seen him take L.sericata flies very quickly.
For the last week he's not eaten any of the worms I've put in and all the flies are still in there.
I'm thinking of pulling his terrarium apart and checking on him, but dont want to disturb him if i dont have to.
Finding info on these guys is hard, and any advice or weblinks appreciated, especially reguarding temperate small centipedes!

Veles

Arachnobaron
Mes is a 3.5cm nz red centipede, an adult and i have seen him take L.sericata flies very quickly.
For the last week he's not eaten any of the worms I've put in and all the flies are still in there.
I'm thinking of pulling his terrarium apart and checking on him, but dont want to disturb him if i dont have to.
Finding info on these guys is hard, and any advice or weblinks appreciated, especially reguarding temperate small centipedes!
Either the pede is not hungry or in premolt. Give him some time

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
When my pede was getting kinda thin for idk what reason n didnt eat, i “popped” the roaches after killing them and idk if it was just the timing or the smell Or whatever that made her really go for it and eat it.

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
When my pede was getting kinda thin for idk what reason n didnt eat, i “popped” the roaches after killing them and idk if it was just the timing or the smell Or whatever that made her really go for it and eat it.
Sometimes the juices of the food item after you pop or cut it can trigger a better feeding response when you dangle it in front of its mouth. Try that next time you do feeding.

Proxy

Arachnopeon
To be honest, I've seen him twice since i got him, once when feeding him his first few flies and once when i moved him to his upgraded enclosure. It doesn't bother me as long as he eats.
He's a cryptid, i swear.
It might try cutting up some meal worms or beetles and see if he goes for that.
He's a wild caught one though, so I've never tried him on dead prey.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
To be honest, I've seen him twice since i got him, once when feeding him his first few flies and once when i moved him to his upgraded enclosure. It doesn't bother me as long as he eats.
He's a cryptid, i swear.
It might try cutting up some meal worms or beetles and see if he goes for that.
He's a wild caught one though, so I've never tried him on dead prey.
Wild centipedes will happily consume dead things. Here in the states they’ve been documented eating dead rattlesnake carcasses among other things