Can't find sling after cricket went in burrow, advice?

mastersdoubleshot

Arachnopeon
FYI I am a week into T keeping! I rehomed my sling that was given to me in a tiny vial and was recommended to give her a house upgrade. After a day, I gave her a live cricket (mistake 1 and 2?) and unfortunately the cricket walked into the burrow. The next day, the cricket was out of the burrow and I scooped it out. Before this, my sling was pretty visible and I could always see her bum hanging out of the burrow but I haven't seen her since the cricket conundrum. I can see the bottom of her burrow and she's not in there. As a not even 1cm sling, would she have the capability to dig horizontally and close herself in? I am not used to having a pet I should just leave alone, so I am trying not to mess with her enclosure but curiosity and anxiety is getting the best of me. What should I do?

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Pray and wait. It could be hiding.
Next time, crush the face.
It's a bug eat bug world.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
How big was the cricket? Nymph or adult cricket? If it is larger than your spider, you may want to dig your sling just to make sure.

mastersdoubleshot

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies! I picked through the leafy plant in her enclosure and she has made a home in it :) I guess she felt like her burrow wasn't safe after the cricket moved in and so she moved out.

Wo
Pray and wait. It could be hiding.
Next time, crush the face.
It's a bug eat bug world.
I won't make the same mistake again! I will be squishing faces from now on.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Thanks for the replies! I picked through the leafy plant in her enclosure and she has made a home in it :) I guess she felt like her burrow wasn't safe after the cricket moved in and so she moved out.

Wo

I won't make the same mistake again! I will be squishing faces from now on.
Good to hear. If they're super tiny you might want to crush them but its better to feed live crickets as long as the cricket is at least a little smaller than the tarantula.