Can't find Emperor anywhere!!!

Sevbad

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! As you can tell I am new to the forum but I've been reading it for a while now, so thanks for the help! I really want an Emperor Scorpion (mostly for it's docile behavior) for a long time but can't find anywhere. the Flat Rocks seams to be a nice alternative or even the Asian Forest, right? It will be my first Scorpion and I want it to live long so I am setting up a nice place for it. I guess my question is where can I find an Emperor and if I really can't which other species would be better suitable as a 1st Scorpion? Thanks a lot!

Stugy

Arachnolord
Hey guys! As you can tell I am new to the forum but I've been reading it for a while now, so thanks for the help! I really want an Emperor Scorpion (mostly for it's docile behavior) for a long time but can't find anywhere. the Flat Rocks seams to be a nice alternative or even the Asian Forest, right? It will be my first Scorpion and I want it to live long so I am setting up a nice place for it. I guess my question is where can I find an Emperor and if I really can't which other species would be better suitable as a 1st Scorpion? Thanks a lot!
@MathiasVG is selling Pandinus dictator which is an Emperor but the famous Emperor scorpion is Pandinus imperator. Flat Rocks are a good choice but they are getting harder to obtain it seems (or maybe i hadn't paying enough attention). Asian Forest Scorpions are inexpensive and get big (not sure about lifespan but it should be pretty long) but from my experience with mine (others may have other experiences), an AFS can be very defensive. Good luck!

Sevbad

Arachnopeon
Thanks Stugy! I am contacting him now. As far as I can tell the Dictator is very similar to the Emperor.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Welcome to the forums! Honestly, I'd put my vote for a flat rock species, but both work well. My area sells at least 10 Hadogenes specimens of various sizes, and I have quite a few. If you want a large and long lived scorp, flat rocks are your best bet IMO. Dictators are good too, just have to make sure the humidity is up ;) Very similar to emps, great beginners too.

Last edited:

Reptilesbyrick

Arachnopeon
I have some 4i CBB Pandinus imperator for sale. Bred them late last summer. Doing great and growing fast. True P. imperator have become very difficult to find. Mine are from true Emperors that I've raised from adults. Great scorpion species and large. Pm me for details and thanks!

Last edited:

ERIC cotter

Arachnopeon
A day late to this thread but yeah, emperors are currently illegal for import in the US, so they've gotten crazy hard to find and expensive, and some shops will get in red claws and tell you they're emperors, but red claws are way more aggressive and not a great beginner species, or they'll try it with asian forests, which is a great species but still, it drives me nuts (though there're plenty of trust-worthy folk on the classifieds here, so keep an eye out). Dictators are definitely a great option, a large shipment made it over a few years ago and a handful of breeders are keeping them available, and they get a bit larger than emperors but have the same docile disposition. Good luck with whichever you choose though!

Sevbad

Arachnopeon
A day late to this thread but yeah, emperors are currently illegal for import in the US, so they've gotten crazy hard to find and expensive, and some shops will get in red claws and tell you they're emperors, but red claws are way more aggressive and not a great beginner species, or they'll try it with asian forests, which is a great species but still, it drives me nuts (though there're plenty of trust-worthy folk on the classifieds here, so keep an eye out). Dictators are definitely a great option, a large shipment made it over a few years ago and a handful of breeders are keeping them available, and they get a bit larger than emperors but have the same docile disposition. Good luck with whichever you choose though!
Thanks Eric. Never too late for help!
I found Emperors from the classifieds and am very anxious to get it, will post a review when I get him (or her). I saw some online places selling Asian Forests as Emperors as well...Definitely Dictators would be my second choice, maybe Flat Rocks too, they look amazing. I can see that I will need another terrarium soon! Thanks for the heads up!