Can't Choose lol

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
i thought the colbalt was a Haploma.:? at least it is according to all the books i read, if not I guess i better change the label on mine. and BigJ just for edification if you have the set up right the Haplo's do make good display T's, My H. lividium spends lots of time sitting at the entrance of the burrow showing all of her royal blue beauty.:D granted she webs over during the day but after the sun goes down she comes out.
Do you have a pick of that setup cause the only reason i didnt want 1 was cause of the pet hole thing

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well im actually looking into a couple of T's right now for my way back into the hobby. Mostly aggressive ones i think a OBT is likely in my future :) i like most of the Baboon T's my goal is to keep a king Baboon eventully. Im also getting a Lasiodora parahybana

Last edited:

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
BigJ I also have a King Baboon and they are not that hard to care for I have mine in a 20 gallon aquarium with lots of coconut fiber, she or he stays mainly in his/her burrow and has extensive tunnel work. Just keep a water bowel somewhere in the enclosure and they will be fine. Mine is only about 2 1/2" to 3" right now and is no where close to maturing, they are slow growers. I still look forward to when she/he will be a full grown adult. I have gotten a threat display out of her and got a bit of hissing from her/him.

VENOMdeBEEVER
I have my H. Lividium in a 10 gallon setup and keep about 5" of coconut fiber on one side with a slope going down to the other side. at the other side is a bowl of water. ( i will post a pic in a little while, have to get the camera and resize the pics.)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
P irminia!! all the way they can be fat and chubby not like ggb slim forever lol but i like them as slings because of their marking

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the advice ive read that they are slow growers but when they are fully mature they are beautiful T's. the Baboon's are certainly some the most intresting T's ive heard meny come out of their burrows at night to hunt.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
100% recomend a C.fasciatum if you do not have one already. I recently got mine and I am sooooooo in love with this T! you cant tell me she isnt beautifull! and she is quite agressive and always gives a good show during feeding time :) I'm so in love :}
Shahlah!

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
That is one beautiful T for sure it always seems the more defensive one's are the most beautiful. Cobult blue for instance which ive heard its a pet whole but its beautiful anyway :)

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
yea my C.Fasciatum (Shahlah) is always in sight! no holes! also she does decorate a little but no huge messy webs :)

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
That is one Beautiful T im going to have to get one of these eventully :). T's certainly have a lot of variations from small to very large to not very defensive to highly defensive and bitey.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You said you were thinking about getting some baboon species. They could be a really good choice.

Some of them can disappear a lot, but at least when they do, they leave behind a ton of interesting webbing. So you still have something to look at :D Although really most spend a lot of time on their webbing.

I'd say get a P. murinus & any of the Ceratogyrus sp. (horned baboons).

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the advice im certainly getting some sort of defensive new world T. Im already getting a one of the larger species but not a T.Blondi

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Haplocosmia spp,Haploclastus spp. Pseudhapalopus spp.:)

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the info im a bigger reader but lol i don't know im not into using all the complicated names. But i must admit it certainly helps when you call them by their scientific names. Im also getting a Lasiodora parahybana which im exited about :) im certainly getting back into the hobby in a big way.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the info im a bigger reader but lol i don't know im not into using all the complicated names. But i must admit it certainly helps when you call them by their scientific names. Im also getting a Lasiodora parahybana which im exited about :) im certainly getting back into the hobby in a big way.
The common names are more complicated. If you learn the scientific names it will help you a lot. Perhaps when you hear a name you might not know witch specie it is but you might recognize the family name instead of Mexican this and red rump that:)

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hentzi: If they are given a correct setup they will usually burrow.

Warpig: Ive had bout 50 and all of them has been inside their nest day time. Same with the Avicularia spp. my friends have.
Falk, +1 on your hentzi info. In their habitat here in nw La. they are dang near fossorial, if not truly. Other than in case of a flash flood, etc, only mm's are seen away from a hole in the ground or in a scrape/tunnels under a rock or board, period! Although not positive, I suspect the same could be said for other US species. However, in captivity indiv hentzi other than mm occasionally refuse to burrow. I'm pretty sure that also goes along with my belief that captive theraphosids frequently accept the entire enclosure as their burrow.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Yeah im mainly just looking at the names they go buy then i know what the name means. Im learning lol but its a little tough so far all i got down is the H. Mac lol

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GBB or Acanthoscurria species. Often the Psalmopoeus hide a lot during premolt. Usually solved if you have three or more. ;){D

Sometimes you can catch them off guard at night though. LOL!

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well im once again looking for a new T but i want a Pokie this time. Any recommendation's would be nice.