Problem Can't attach photos?

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Hello! I first had this issue last night, but it hasn't cleared up after reloading the site or signing out and back in. Whenever I click to attach a photo, nothing happens. When I try to attach a file, it fully uploads and then crosses itself out. Any ideas what causes this? I rebooted my phone and my WiFi connection is fine, so I'm a bit confused. Thanks!

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
It is possible that the file size or the file dimensions are too large. Can you please tell us more about the files that you are trying to attach and where you are trying to attach them?

Thanks!

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
It is possible that the file size or the file dimensions are too large. Can you please tell us more about the files that you are trying to attach and where you are trying to attach them?

Thanks!
Now it's partially working. When I click "attach files" it works, but on the top menu bar I don't have the option to include an image

Attachments

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
If none of the other buttons are working either, then it means you may have turned off the toolbar by accident. Just click the "gear" icon and everything should work again. :). The icons should be "lit up".

Screenshot_20210623-143957.png

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@MrDeranged Maybe it would be possible to add text on the tool bar after the gear that doesn't gray out? <- If tools aren't working click here
That gear really should toggle to red instead of gray out.

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
@Arachnopets @MrDeranged

I've been trying to attach images in PM's for a while now. The gear icon is showing the toolbar working fine, but when I click on the Attachment, it just says "URL" or "Text" and I can't import an image. I can click on the photo icon and it just gives me "http://" for an image URL, and when I click on the Camera icon, it asks me which one of my public post images I want to include. I can't figure out why I can't send an image from my library on my phone without posting it publicly first. On public posts, I can hit the "Attach Files" on the bottom of the text box, but in PM's that option is not there.

Any thoughts?

Example

Attachments

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
@Arachnopets @MrDeranged

I've been trying to attach images in PM's for a while now. The gear icon is showing the toolbar working fine, but when I click on the Attachment, it just says "URL" or "Text" and I can't import an image. I can click on the photo icon and it just gives me "http://" for an image URL, and when I click on the Camera icon, it asks me which one of my public post images I want to include. I can't figure out why I can't send an image from my library on my phone without posting it publicly first. On public posts, I can hit the "Attach Files" on the bottom of the text box, but in PM's that option is not there.

Any thoughts?

Example
It is a feature only for the Arachnosupporter Plus group. Here is a list of what is included in each user group category: https://arachnoboards.com/help/upgrades/

Hope that helped to clarify. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. :)

Debby