Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Canned “Zebra Tarantula” on Amazon

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Aarantula, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Aarantula

Aarantula Arachnobaron Old Timer

NJ
    Advertisement
    You just described fishing...

2. ThorsCarapace22

ThorsCarapace22 Arachnosquire

I reckon I feel at home around here :)

3. Aarantula

Aarantula Arachnobaron Old Timer

NJ
    I don’t know... the cheaper one comes in a silver can and the more expensive one comes in a gold. Is this one of those times where we shouldn’t settle for the imitation product? Lol!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I’ve eaten tarantula in Beijing and it really doesn’t taste good. Although the one I tried seemed to be Cyriopagopus hainanus so for all I know albostriatus tastes better.

In any case I felt guilty after trying it, but the experience was interesting

5. Ah!
    The difference I saw was that one tin was barbeque flavoured and the other tin just salted -- both were dehydrated or freeze-dried or something (didn't save the link, just noticed they had 5 of the 'salted' flavour and then only one left an hour later (after this thread). I never even noticed tin colour. The labels looked the same, except for flavour description.
    [Found the link -- 6 in stock now -- guess seller added a few more tins due to new sudden AB demand for product... Or maybe the buyers felt guilty and canceled their orders. lol]

A few years ago, I watched a youtube documentary-style show of a woman in Cambodia who made her living selling seasoned and fried Ts as street food -- it looked like a LOT of work for her (and her kids), but it allowed her to make a living. Since they were seasoned/fried Ts, they probably tasted better. (Hers were WC)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  6. Phoenix G

Phoenix G Arachnopeon Active Member

This makes me wish there was another reaction option. lol I need something for D:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

And....? My point still stands.

Here in the Netherlands, we don't fish for food. We catch a fish, weigh it, and put it back in the water again. The fish species that are abundant in the North Sea and Wadden sea can be eaten since their population isn't affected. You don't fish for killing if that leads to dangerous decline of the species.

8. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnobaron Active Member

Not sure how fishing works in other countries, but while I dislike some aspects of fishing over here, I have to admit that fishing organizations put a lot of money and effort to breeding and releasing young fish into rivers and streams, keeping fishing sustainable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

I wish it was! Would definitely buy it if it was a plushy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. khil

khil Arachnobaron

That is disgusting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.