Brian and Terri

Arachnopeon
Many of you here?? We are trying to match up male/female T's
Montreal Quebec here.

Last edited:

Kristen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
TheDon & I are living in Kingston, Ont. Not too far from Montreal! We currently have 3 T's (an pinktoe, a rosehair and a sun tiger)...soon to be 4 though, we pick up our togo starburst on Tuesday!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
yay a Togo!! I cant wait... now we will have 2 psycho T's

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Guelph here. You can see my list of species here. I am about the fourth or fifth down.

Cheers,
Dave

sgt.batguano

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im in kelowna bc can get lots of anything usually. we are so close to vancouver. but local pet stores are pretty good. some herp shows in oliver too.

sgt.batguano

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what i cant understand is how the stores get their stock from outside canada. and in the winter too?

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what i cant understand is how the stores get their stock from outside canada. and in the winter too?
Most do not. They buy their stock from various wholesalers in Vancouver, Winnipeg, Toronto, etc.

These wholesalers, in turn, have them shipped in from importers, usually in Miami or Los Angeles.

A very few of the very largest pet shops order directly from the importers.

Local and semi-local deliveries by regional wholesalers are normally made by heated and air conditioned trucks on a regular delivery pattern. For instance, Mondays they deliver to Edmonton and area. Tuesdays they deliver to Calgary and area, Wednesdays they deliver to the Trans-Canada corridor through eastern BC, Thursdays they deliver to the south Vancouver BC area, Fridays they deliver to the North Vancouver area.

(If that's the wrong end of the country for you, fill in your own city names.)

A few local pet shops may even drive to a wholesaler's warehouse to hand pick their stock.

Outside these regional delivery patterns, tarantulas and virtually all other exotic pets are shipped by air freight. This is especially true of any of those who get their stock from Miami or Los Angeles.

The Forum Magazine (American Tarantula Society - www.atshq.org) is currently running a series of four articles describing our experiences importing and selling tarantulas and other arachnids. Members may download copies over the 'Net. Nonmembers are encouraged to become members so they may do so as well.

Enjoy your well traveled tarantulas!

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm from Montreal and I have a some tarantulas, If you want you can pm me.

Do you know about the canadian forum on this board?

Do you also know about www.tarantulacanada.ca? It's one of the biggest tarantula dealer in north America if not the biggest;)

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
besides martin and amanda from tarantulacanada.ca are in Qubec... I'm from canada. You should join the canadian forums!