Canadian adult arboreal setup

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
Hey all!!
Just wondering what everyone uses for adult arboreal enclosures. (I’m from Canada so no I can’t just go to hobby lobby lol)

I have a few exo Terra’s but at the cheapest they are like 40-50$ each.

I use these one gallon jugs but they are small for some bigger arboreals image.jpg

So I guess the criteria is
1. Able to find in Canada
2. Way under 50$, I think 20$ each should be max
3.comfortably house 6” + arboreals

As one last note I am aware of the 5 or 10 gallon conversion idea with the plexiglass I just don’t like the idea of only the front getting air holes.

Thanks guys

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Dollar store cookie jars are pretty good
If you need any bigger just buy big tubs or garbage cans.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
There are other Rubbermaid canisters that would meet that criteria.

I've used the Rubbermaid Brilliance cereal container but it doesn't meet that under $20 criteria, nor could you use it for really big spiders.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I was just at a dollar tree and only seen cookie jars that weren’t even as big as the 1gal containers I use. They’re also glass with no way to have ventilation holes on the sides.

Sterilite tubs...super cheap and readily available....even if they were shipped ypu would be under $20 still. Super easy to ventilate.

Smaller ones for juvies....

bigger ones for adults.

What size are the large ones??
I’d like to give quite a bit of space for my adults.

cold blood

Staff member
What size are the large ones??
I’d like to give quite a bit of space for my adults.
buy whatever size you want....they come in many sizes....The largest i have are actually made by glad....I think i got em at target....but im sure theyre available online....plenty of room for even an adult female ornata.

I dont know the sizes, thats not something i EVER look at....i just eyeball enclosures i buy.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I’m thinking staples up here might have some.
Any luck finding clear ones??
[QUOTE="cold blood, post The largest i have are actually made by glad....I think i got em at target[/QUOTE]

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I’m thinking staples up here might have some.
Any luck finding clear ones??
[QUOTE="cold blood, post The largest i have are actually made by glad....I think i got em at target
[/QUOTE]

If you research and find some good clear bins/tubs please report back. They all look pretty milky to me, except for a few of the really thin ones, and I've seen them at Superstore, and they aren't arboreal....

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
As one last note I am aware of the 5 or 10 gallon conversion idea with the plexiglass I just don’t like the idea of only the front getting air holes.

Thanks guys
FYI, it's possible to do a conversion with both front and back ventilation. It just involves replacing the back glass with drillable plexi. I dont think it falls in your price range (I bought my supplies in bulk and have only done one prototype so far. Cant really give the price breakdown), but they really make great displays.
20190202_182613.jpg

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
38902951-82E5-40DA-82AA-83257F639FE2.png
Walmart for 12$ but it’s only 12 1/4” high...
Staples carries the “really useful boxes” Walmart had one that was quite tall but it had files in it and no measurements on the label.