Can you use cricket water crystals for giant burrowing cockroach?

AtariKaiju

Arachnopeon
Hi, first post here. Looking to build a setup for some giant burrowing cockroaches soon.

I have seen multiple keepers use cricket water crystals for maintaining moisture in giant burrower habitats.
This might be a dumb question but is it safe for me to put these water crystals in a bowl for them on the surface to drink out of? Should I be worried the the cockroaches will eat them? Should i just stick to a cotton ball? Thanks. :]

kadupul

Arachnosquire
I would worry about them eating both the water crystals and the cotton. It might be perfectly safe, but I don't know for sure and there isn't a whole lot of information out there on them. A cap from a water bottle works well as a water dish.

AtariKaiju

Arachnopeon
I would worry about them eating both the water crystals and the cotton. It might be perfectly safe, but I don't know for sure and there isn't a whole lot of information out there on them. A cap from a water bottle works well as a water dish.
Yeah, I might just go with a shallow water dish, I don't want to risk my little guys eating something bad for 'em.
Thanks for the advice :)