***** can you tell me what this on is ? *****

kranium69er

Arachnopeon
my girlfriend spotted this running around on the floor in the kitchen, and when she went to crush it, it turned in her direction and scared her... ;P

I decided to capture it and I have had it for about 3 or 4 days now trying to determine on the name of it and to see if it may be poisonous or not.. :wall:

here a few pics of it that I took with my web cam.. :)

it kinda looks like a cross between a bee, ant and a spider.. :evil:

Thanks for your time... :clap:

kranium69er@comcast.net

Attachments

Last edited:

kranium69er

Arachnopeon
not a comb-footed spider

its not a comb footed spider, I looked that name up and found nothing like it among any of the pictures in there,,,

here is another pic of a spider that was found that is identical to mine...

but yet, still not known...

Attachments

Last edited:

NRF

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are both males of "comb footed spiders" (Theridiidae). At least the last one is the cosmopolitan Steatoda grossa. It can be totally black as well. Very easy to keep alive in glass jars (probably not ad. males) and survives drought quite well.

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
FYI, kranium, there will almost always be more spiders out there in the real world than there are pictures in a resource. Don't expect to always find exact matches. (I was a little disappointed when I realized this basic fact, myself. I would love to have an affordable resource that has a picture and description of every spider/arachnid/insect/thing that I ever find. On the upside, the finds are a bit more exciting and I take pictures as often as possible of my best, most unusual finds.)