Can you tell m or f

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hi I have a house spider (called Tetchy) it's been with me three months now and molts every few weeks. My question is can you tell if they are male or female, I know some t's get spurs and I wondered if Tetchy would too if they're male? May be a stupid question but totally new to this and can't find much info on them apart from size speed and habitat. Tetchy did have a live plant in their home but webbed up and it killed it lol. 20210308_061008.jpg 20210308_055217.jpg 20210308_055152.jpg
I have not removed the plant though as Tetchy has built their Web around it, but any help on finding out gender would be helpful. Thank you.

Conor10

Arachnoknight
I would say female because of her size, she looks like she’s potentially gravid. A picture of the underside would be helpful.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I don't think Tetchy is gravid I caught them in my kitchen when they were about 3mm big and they have lived with me for months now I probably over feed as I am not sure how often to feed them ATM I feed as many crickets 3-4mm banded as they'll take from me twice a week . I have no underneath pics ATM but will try and get one . It Tetchy agrees they don't always like me taking pics and I only have a phone cam but I will try.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
And thank you for answering BTW been trying to work this out for weeks lol.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Best underneath pic so far they are busy redecorating shifting mud lol but they aren't staying still or giving me a good angle to take a pic sorry I will try again when Tetchy isn't busy 😊 20210309_062547.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I would say female because of her size, she looks like she’s potentially gravid. A picture of the underside would be helpful.
20210309_115411.jpg
It's the best pic of Tetchy's underneath I have been able to get so far my cam just isn't good enough . sorry

Conor10

Arachnoknight
That is good enough, female these tend to get fat really normally compaired to other spiders so you have done a good job keeping her.

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Yay thank you . 😊 I will have to get her a much better vivarium if she is going to be with me for years instead of months. Thanks for your help.