Can you show me some photos of your Brachypelma smithi( Mexican Red Knee) cage?

OctoPhid

Arachnopeon
I really need to see some great examples. Please help me.
Not sure what you mean, all a B. smithi (now B. hamorii btw) needs is several inches of dry substrate (preferably something like coco fiber or topsoil), a water dish, and a hide. A hide can be something as simple as a piece of pvc pipe halfway submerged into the substrate, but most people use cork or some other type of wood for a hide. Hope this helps!

sneakikaz

Arachnopeon
Not sure what you mean, all a B. smithi (now B. hamorii btw) needs is several inches of dry substrate (preferably something like coco fiber or topsoil), a water dish, and a hide. A hide can be something as simple as a piece of pvc pipe halfway submerged into the substrate, but most people use cork or some other type of wood for a hide. Hope this helps!
can you please show me your cage?

OctoPhid

Arachnopeon
I'm gonna be honest, I do not currently own a B. hamorii, but I do own a B. albopilosum as well as an A. chalcodes, both of which have similar care. Why do you need a picture of a cage? Are you looking for inspiration or what? If so, you don't want to see my enclosures, they are nothing fancy. I would suggest if you are looking for more elaborate enclosures search through the "Vivariums and Terrariums" section here on arachnoboards.

sneakikaz

Arachnopeon
I'm gonna be honest, I do not currently own a B. hamorii, but I do own a B. albopilosum as well as an A. chalcodes, both of which have similar care. Why do you need a picture of a cage? Are you looking for inspiration or what? If so, you don't want to see my enclosures, they are nothing fancy. I would suggest if you are looking for more elaborate enclosures search through the "Vivariums and Terrariums" section here on arachnoboards.
Ok. Thanks for your advice.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Not the most exciting video, but this is exactly what you'd need. Any decoration beyond what you see here is purely aesthetic and for your benefit only, not the spider's. The only bit of advice in this video that you should ignore is adding water to the substrate - B. hamorii prefers it bone dry for all specimens over 2". Everything else that I say will apply 100% to B. hamorii... and any non-burrowing terrestrial for that matter.

Last edited:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Just read this, why has it changed to B hamorii??
Just revision of the taxonomy. As new information becomes available from study, scientists reclassify animals where it seems they most belong in relation to other species.

sneakikaz

Arachnopeon
Not the most exciting video, but this is exactly what you'd need. Any decoration beyond what you see here is purely aesthetic and for your benefit only, not the spider's. The only bit of advice in this video that you should ignore is adding water to the substrate - B. hamorii prefers it bone dry for all specimens over 2". Everything else that I say will apply 100% to B. hamorii... and any non-burrowing terrestrial for that matter.

thank you

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
My juvenile female's home, nearly identical to cold blood's setup. Soon as I removed the top she bolted to her hide.
Plain topsoil, a cork hide, water dish and plastic foilage.
I keep the area around the water dish ever so sligthly moistened. 9 times out of 10 they molt in that area, makes removal easy since its in an open area. All my terrestrials are kept in similar fashion. ;) B. hamorii.jpg

sneakikaz

Arachnopeon
That's really great. Thank you.
But when it is sling do I need to build a smaller one?
Sorry for my bad english