Can you sex my P.regalis

tacoyaki

Arachnopeon
im not sure if this is in the right section but i need help sexing my p. regalis. Sorry if the pictures suck i am using a very cheap camera -_-, he/she is about 5 inches give or take.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hard to say man,...need a closer ventral shot to be sure,...but, if i had to guess, @ 4-5 inches, its male...and at that size possibly pen-ultimate.....could you get a closer shot of the ventral side??

...btw...very nice pics!

EDIT: My regalis's really confuse me,...i have 4 and 2 are garauntied, 1 female, and 1 male....but the other 2 are unsexed, and they drive me crazy tryin to vent sex them....light does crazy things?????

tacoyaki

Arachnopeon
if i could get closer i would, mom lost my good camera and im stuck with this really cheap one, the macro and the close up is super blurry :barf: and getting him/her to pose and staying still is really easy, quiet a keeper and super calm, i had it scape twice now and still no bite {D and yes lighting does do a lot of crazy things. I guess its a waiting game till he/she molts.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if i could get closer i would, mom lost my good camera and im stuck with this really cheap one, the macro and the close up is super blurry :barf: and getting him/her to pose and staying still is really easy, quiet a keeper and super calm, i had it scape twice now and still no bite {D and yes lighting does do a lot of crazy things. I guess its a waiting game till he/she molts.
Keep us posted on the results either way man.....good luck findin the other camera!...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Looks male to me, both ventral and dorsal, but yeah the pics are a bit blurry.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, dorsaly very dark, and smokey...but the flash also looks to be low, so :?...and i can see nothing ventraly that stands out female to me, and regalis, it usually is pretty prominent at that size....also note the abdonimal band is dark aswell,..again could be a flesh thing..

tacoyaki

Arachnopeon
oh ya i forgot to mention. i covered the flash with my finger cause the reflection from the glass messes the picture up. as the venral thats the closes i can get with the camera without it getting even more blurry, ill go try to take another pic of the T with flash this time

edit: heres new pics with flash and cool white room lighting. best i can do.

two more ventrals

Last edited:

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh ya i forgot to mention. i covered the flash with my finger cause the reflection from the glass messes the picture up. as the venral thats the closes i can get with the camera without it getting even more blurry, ill go try to take another pic of the T with flash this time
I think the lack of flash shows its true colors;)....no worries, i have use for him if hes a he....he might be inline behind a least one other Mm, but its good to have back up, incase shes a man eater.....lemme know what your plans are for him, if indeed a him he is???.....im loosin it:eek:

tacoyaki

Arachnopeon
I think the lack of flash shows its true colors;)....no worries, i have use for him if hes a he....he might be inline behind a least one other Mm, but its good to have back up, incase shes a man eater.....lemme know what your plans are for him, if indeed a him he is???.....im loosin it:eek:
indeed, its one of the reasons why i barely use flash. but dimming it works too, also if its a male in penultimate molt and you need a back up male i supposed a 50/50 would be good, but you'll have to run me through the details on how it works :)