Can you see them

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
whats your point
I came a bit late, but I'd imagine it would be like smoking a joint in front of a cop.

There are people here who are trying to work with the USDA inspectors to create a mutually beneficial partnership between us and them.

Just give it time ;)

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I came a bit late, but I'd imagine it would be like smoking a joint in front of a cop.

There are people here who are trying to work with the USDA inspectors to create a mutually beneficial partnership between us and them.

Just give it time ;)
I have faith that you will atleast partially succede as you know there is a lot of tape to cut, till then I 'suggest stick insect owners keep there heads low unless they are outside the USA no sense in having all the money an time wasted because they were seized and destroyed.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Laws are laws and I'm not pushing to change them as far as phasmids are concerned, but it would be nice to have someone here on the boards who could explain the laws we must abide by.

Also, information on attaining permits could be made a lot easier.

pixi14369

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
But its not illegal to own phasmids that are native to your locality...right??

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If someone sells stick insects in California, and sticks are illegal to buy because the USDA doesnt want any new introduced species, and you live in California, does that make it illegal for you to buy them?

I dont live in California but I was wondering If people can buy invasive species if there being sold in their state.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're not supposed to keep any exotic species in the US, even ones from a different state. It is ok to keep sticks that are native to your state though. So if you bought native California sticks from someone in CA, that would be ok.

Last edited: