Can you overfeed a scorpion ?

Can you overfeed a scorpion ?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Yes. I mean.. eventually it will refuse. But I see no reason to plump them to the point of looking like they are going to pop.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Yes. I mean.. eventually it will refuse. But I see no reason to plump them to the point of looking like they are going to pop.
I have this one scorpion that will keep eating if I keep the crickets coming... it's crazy

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Personal opinion... Can you overfeed a scorpion ?
Yes it is possible. By nature they are opportunistic given the fact that in their natural environment there is no guarantee when the next meal will come along. It could be months between feeding opportunities. Therefore they will take any chance they can get to eat which will result in a horridly obese animal if they are allowed to keep stuffing themselves.

connieisdead

Arachnopeon
Would definitely NOT recommend overfeeding scorpions. Even if they keep eating, it's not healthy to feed them more than necessary, you'll end up with an obese scorpion with a shortened lifespan.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
they'll keep eating until they are full, then they'll ignore further prey items. But they don't need to be fed every day. Once a week is enough for a scorpion.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Yes it is possible. By nature they are opportunistic given the fact that in their natural environment there is no guarantee when the next meal will come along. It could be months between feeding opportunities. Therefore they will take any chance they can get to eat which will result in a horridly obese animal if they are allowed to keep stuffing themselves.
Totally makes sense why some won't stop eating...