Can you over feed slings???

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I've heard that over feeding slings isn't harmful since they molt frequently and use the extra energy during melting but I want to fact check it to make sure I'm not doing harm to my slings.

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
you cant truly over feed imho, if there is prey left after attempting to feed, remove it. the "powerfeeding" stuff you hear about is kinda goofy, theres no real reason to race a T through molts and growth.

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
you cant truly over feed imho, if there is prey left after attempting to feed, remove it. the "powerfeeding" stuff you hear about is kinda goofy, theres no real reason to race a T through molts and growth.
I don't power feed but I do feed my smallest sling whenever it's hungry.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I think it's fine to feed slings as much as they'll eat! As my Ts mature into larger juveniles, I start to curb the feeding and watch abdomen size rather than listening to appetite.

birdonfire

Arachnosquire
My small t slings molt regularly without encouraging them to look close to exploding.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Nope, slings have much shorter moult cycles and put everything into growth which means they're less prone to the complications that can occur from overfeeding juveniles/adults (increased risk of injury from falls, drag injuries, etc.).