Can you identify these scorpions?

Animalia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This first one was called 巴西杀人蝎 or "Brazilian Man Killing Scorpion"

This second was called 印度黄鳄背蝎子 or "Indian Yellow Alligator Back Scorpion"

This third was called 纳米比亚绿翡翠蝎子 or "Namibian Jadeite Green Scorpion"

This fourth was called 橙爪巨尾蝎 or "Orange Fingernail Great Scorpion"

Hello I was reading this post in my web class and my friend speaks japanese well we started looking at the kanji and I realized 蝎 had to mean scorpion since it was the only character that was consistent in all four sentences. However I looked it up just to be sure i saw that 蝎子 meant scorpion, So i was wondering why does the 巴西杀人蝎 or "Brazilian Man Killing Scorpion" and 橙爪巨尾蝎 or "Orange Fingernail Great Scorpion" not have the 子 at the end??

Makaveli319

Arachnopeon
Hi,
Whoever said Androctonus amoreuxi is mistaken, I believe. The common name, in chinese of A. amoureuxi is the same as for A. australis and that is 黄色肥尾(或胖尾)

for a good chinese language site try www.shczly.com (上海宠珠乐园)

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Common names can be used for anything or incorrectly given to the wrong species.

John
];')

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since when does C. gracilis look like that? I've got an army of C. gracilis here right now, ranging from i2 to adult, none look like that nor have ever looked like that.
You are aware that C. gracilis has a massive range, correct? According to some texts, Central American gracilis is even more potent than Florida gracilis. So obviously some natural variation has occured and it wouldn't be terribly far fetched to assume that coloration, metasoma width, etc. could be affected as well. Are you even aware of the locality of your specimens? Theoretically, the OP could have gotten ahold of a C. gracilis specimen from a certain locality that the hobby rarely or has never obtained them from.

TBH

rasputin

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You are aware that C. gracilis has a massive range, correct? According to some texts, Central American gracilis is even more potent than Florida gracilis. So obviously some natural variation has occured and it wouldn't be terribly far fetched to assume that coloration, metasoma width, etc. could be affected as well. Are you even aware of the locality of your specimens? Theoretically, the OP could have gotten ahold of a C. gracilis specimen from a certain locality that the hobby rarely or has never obtained them from.

TBH
Really? - yes, they have one of the largest ranges as they reaching from Florida across the Caribbean into South America with potency getting stronger the further south into it's range.

Thomas, I think I would go as far to say there there is little to nothing you could tell me about this species and, dare I say, the genus, that is going to be news to me based solely on your assumption that I didn't know that painfully common bit of information.

Now tell me, what species of scorpion could be given a common name of "orange giant claw" (orange fingernail was a mistranslation)? Not a name, under any morphological variation, that I would attribute to C. gracilis. But really, I'm burnt out on this stupid thread and Blooms has not come back to say where he got those pix and maybe provide more so I don't want to talk about this any further.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thomas, I think I would go as far to say there there is little to nothing you could tell me about this species and, dare I say, the genus, that is going to be news to me based solely on your assumption that I didn't know that painfully common bit of information.
Well you seemed blatantly ignorant towards that "painfully common bit of information." I was just speculating based on what we all know regarding this species. I don't think it's unreasonable to consider the possibility of the specimen in question being C. gracilis.

Now tell me, what species of scorpion could be given a common name of "orange giant claw" (orange fingernail was a mistranslation)? Not a name, under any morphological variation, that I would attribute to C. gracilis. But really, I'm burnt out on this stupid thread and Blooms has not come back to say where he got those pix and maybe provide more so I don't want to talk about this any further.
I don't care [nor do most] about the common name applied to this specimen. But under your logic, do any of the other common names reported make much sense either?

TBH