Can you help me?

HannibalCmp

Arachnopeon
My T just ate all of the five crickets I gave him last night. I came home from school and found half a carcass,a leg, an antennae, and a giant clot fo mixed colors(I believe it was a spitball)and it had silk attached to it. I am worried that there may be other hidden and uneaten parts under the surface of soil he has spun together. problem is I can't just look under there and see because it takes up the bottom of his hide and his front porch. BTW his molting bed is still there. When he webbed up his half flower pot I had to tear it down cause there was a cricket inside. Shuld I remove the destroyed web? It is connected to his spun togther floor.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it to much. You do the best you can and take out any remains that you can find and you should be good. Just keep an eye out for any mold growing in the tank as the source might be a piece you missed.

Scott

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I never take any out unless its in vials... with peat, I dont have problems with mold.

-V

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah i have never had problems with mold in my tenure as a tarantula keeper. THe only time I had problems with mold was when I still had my praying mantis. I think it was because of the type of substrate that I was using. It was this stuff that comes in really hard little bricks that expands when mixed with water. It got moldy when even the tiniest little prey remains were left behind.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've noticed too that pet store substrates. Those nice bricks for critters that cost so much. Draw mold and such. I changed out my enclosiers and used streight peat and I haven't had a bit of problem since.