Can you help me ID what kind of spider is this?

AlanJKCA

Arachnopeon
I found it while i was uncovering a harvested banana on my aunt's mango plantation. At first i thought it was a small tarantula and i let it run away. We loaded up all the bananas at the truck and drove back home for miles and after i unloaded the bananas, it appeared and was just sitting there on top and it appears confused from all that bumpy road and vibrations i think so i scooped it up on a container and immediately made a enclosure for it and let it feel its new home for a few days before taking a good look at it and fed it a small roach.

It has this thin silky layer of hair and golden in color. Its leg span is about 2 and a half inches

My initial guess was this was a golden huntsman or so but i was surprised that it made its own webbing and surrounded itself with it as i generally thought huntsman spiders don't do that at all unless securing their food.

Maybe someone can help me ID this spider? It would be a great help. Thanks!

Attachments

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That’s definitely a huntsman, some genera such as Olios build little silk retreats to hide in. I’m not well versed in spiders of the Philippines, so I’m not sure on the genus or species.