Can you guess what is going on in this pic?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh, good! I was getting worried, i just released some in my E.murinus' enclosure to deal with leftovers, since it is a damp living burrower :D
Springtails are...well not bad. But for that particular species (if you keep the soil moist with somewhat restriced airflow like I do) you'll need more those nice white tropical isopods: Trichorhina tomentosa they are the ultimate way of keeping that enclosure good with no molt. If you chose to use them keep in mind these are very temperature sensitive and can't survive in a dry climate either, since they breath through gills actually and thus need the moist substrate.

They won't bother the T, it won't eat them, but they clean up mold and leftovers way better than springtails.

_scorpio_

Arachnopeon
I use Hypoaspis mites. They eat any mites, fungus gnat larvae or nematodes when available but will sustain themselves on mold, algae and dead plant matter. They do eat springtails, but they cant eat them fast enough to cause a negative effect on a springtail population, so i use them alongside springtails and isopods to make bioactive cultures.
I know they are good from experience because they can clear an entire mite infested snake room of 100+ snakes in a week, and keep any further infestations away. Plus i havent had a mite on any invertebrate, including my not very well cleaned roach bin.
If they are available in the US i would highly recommend them.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Springtails are...well not bad. But for that particular species (if you keep the soil moist with somewhat restriced airflow like I do) you'll need more those nice white tropical isopods: Trichorhina tomentosa they are the ultimate way of keeping that enclosure good with no molt. If you chose to use them keep in mind these are very temperature sensitive and can't survive in a dry climate either, since they breath through gills actually and thus need the moist substrate.

They won't bother the T, it won't eat them, but they clean up mold and leftovers way better than springtails.
Thank you! I actually was considering getting those isopods, when i got the springtails i was like, humz, they are quite small..not sure if these will do the trick. I'll go find those isopods. :)

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
:O I am SO glad you posted this! We are going through this as I'm typing this. First time battling with the little bastards and hopefully the last. It's fortunate my gf and I too poor to have a stocked freezer lol. I've got around 7 tanks and a couple tops crammed in my freezer while I have a very unhappy scorpion in a temp enclosure.... the tarantulas seem content away from their home invaders. The nerve wracking ones to temp house were the h. gigas, the m. balfouri, and the 2 p. irminias. I've still got my leopard gecko's tank and my emperor's tank to go and to spray down their metal stand, and the carpet area around the stand. As far as isopods go, I'm not familiar with them, so if someone who has had them could give me some insight, I would really appreciate it. (Still trying to figure out where these things came from).

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
:O I am SO glad you posted this! We are going through this as I'm typing this. First time battling with the little bastards and hopefully the last. It's fortunate my gf and I too poor to have a stocked freezer lol. I've got around 7 tanks and a couple tops crammed in my freezer while I have a very unhappy scorpion in a temp enclosure.... the tarantulas seem content away from their home invaders. The nerve wracking ones to temp house were the h. gigas, the m. balfouri, and the 2 p. irminias. I've still got my leopard gecko's tank and my emperor's tank to go and to spray down their metal stand, and the carpet area around the stand. As far as isopods go, I'm not familiar with them, so if someone who has had them could give me some insight, I would really appreciate it. (Still trying to figure out where these things came from).
Isopods are those roly polies, wood lice, pill bugs, whatever you call them. They are crustaceans. Mites are everywhere, pretty much unavoidable if you don't either spot clean extremely often or have other inverts to control it.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
@BobBarley Can you keep the pill bugs in with the tarantulas enclosures without problems? My gigas and irminias have tunnels which makes it rather impossible to clean. I've heard springtails can be both bad and good. Any advice on those?