Can you feed LP juvenile a dead baby mouse from pet store

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
Hi was wondering can I feed my LP juvenile a dead mouse from pet store I'm hoping to get it bigger by feeding it at a younger age mouse meat

cold blood

Staff member
Hi was wondering can I feed my LP juvenile a dead mouse from pet store I'm
can you...yeah, but i wouldnt...its a pointlessly large meal, and as they digest externally and it would take 20 plus hours to consume, you are looking at a big rotting goo ball that can stink up a room.
I'm hoping to get it bigger by feeding it at a younger age mouse meat
yeah, thats not how it works...i feel like you have been grossly misinformed.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
This isn't a good idea. It might take it, but there's no way to speed up the growth process, besides perhaps keeping the room warmer. If you feed it a big meal, it's just going to fast for longer before going into premolt.

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
can you...yeah, but i wouldnt...its a pointlessly large meal, and as they digest externally and it would take 20 plus hours to consume, you are looking at a big rotting goo ball that can stink up a room.

yeah, thats not how it works...i feel like you have been grossly misinformed.
Is that a scientific fact? That says don't feed juvenile baby dead mouse from pet store if it doesn't say that or you just think that from top of your head have you tried it before? If not then its worth a try 😉

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I wish I had the facepalm reaction. Why would you ask a question and then ignore experienced people responding? Not sure if you're trolling or just don't understand basic husbandry

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
Is that a scientific fact? That says don't feed juvenile baby dead mouse from pet store if it doesn't say that or you just think that from top of your head have you tried it before? If not then its worth a try 😉
Its common sense combined with knowledge of how tarantulas digest food/grow.

cold blood

Staff member
ummmm, i said yes you could...but I explained why you shouldnt.

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
I wish I had the facepalm reaction. Why would you ask a question and then ignore experienced people responding? Not sure if you're trolling or just don't understand basic husbandry
I understand lol 🤔🧐🤨

I understand lol 🤔🧐🤨
I'm new at this been in the hobby almost a year now, I think I'm doing great with my two curly hair juveniles and two LP juveniles got them when they where all smaller than a dime. I also have masdagar zebra spider, trap door spider, hogna shimcht wolf spider, the zebra spider is the most interesting one because it spins a web cacoon and it's been in there over two months now no one knows how poisonous it is. Can you tell me anything about it?

Attachments

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
I'm new at this been in the hobby almost a year now, I think I'm doing great with my two curly hair juveniles and two LP juveniles got them when they where all smaller than a dime. I also have masdagar zebra spider, trap door spider, hogna shimcht wolf spider, the zebra spider is the most interesting one because it spins a web cacoon and it's been in there over two months now no one knows how poisonous it is. Can you tell me anything about it?
Based on your response to questions you’ve previously asked you’ve proven your chosen ignorance. I wouldn’t be surprised if no one gave you an answer.

Moving forward I’d recommend you use scientific names. There’s plenty of confusion with common names and in order to advise best we need to be sure we’re referring to the same specimen.

I would also recommend looking up the difference between “poisonous” and “venomous”.

I hope you realize that when you ask questions you may not get the answer you were expecting. Don’t take it personally, just learn from it and move on. If you’re trolling, you’re doing a great job.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm hoping to get it bigger by feeding it at a younger age mouse meat
As already said, that's not how it works.

Also, if you're expecting your Lasiodora parahybana to reach 10+ inches or whatever then prepare to be bitterly disappointed, their sizes are exaggerated.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi was wondering can I feed my LP juvenile a dead mouse from pet store I'm hoping to get it bigger by feeding it at a younger age mouse meat
I think you should firstly ask yourself - What did the mouse die from ?

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
I think you should firstly ask yourself - What did the mouse die from ?
My LP juvenile ate the mouse last night it took a long time I recorded it

Based on your response to questions you’ve previously asked you’ve proven your chosen ignorance. I wouldn’t be surprised if no one gave you an answer.

Moving forward I’d recommend you use scientific names. There’s plenty of confusion with common names and in order to advise best we need to be sure we’re referring to the same specimen.

I would also recommend looking up the difference between “poisonous” and “venomous”.

I hope you realize that when you ask questions you may not get the answer you were expecting. Don’t take it personally, just learn from it and move on. If you’re trolling, you’re doing a great job.
my LP juvenile ate the mouse last night you where so wrong dude I even have it recorded 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
You could
You could also start to learn how to do parkour on the tops of skyscrapers
Just because you could, doesn't mean you should

typically rodent digestion is a process of days and a smelly post feed clean up

14pokies

Arachnoprince
You can try but I’ve found a lot of tarantulas ignore baby rodents or take them very hesitantly.. pinks are mostly water and have very little nutrients, waste of a life and money. If you want to feed large prey use horn worms,hisser nymphs or small house geckos.

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
You can try but I’ve found a lot of tarantulas ignore baby rodents or take them very hesitantly.. pinks are mostly water and have very little nutrients, waste of a life and money. If you want to feed large prey use horn worms,hisser nymphs or small house geckos.
Lol your right I made a mistake was told it makes them grow much faster it just didn't pay any attention to it at all I will not do that again and feed it what was mentioned above

Polenth

Arachnobaron
my LP juvenile ate the mouse last night you where so wrong dude I even have it recorded 😂
Nobody said the spider wouldn't eat a mouse. They said it wouldn't make your spider grow faster, so was a pointlessly large meal that would rot and smell terrible. If you really don't want people to think you're trolling and hope they'll answer future questions, take the time to actually read and understand the answers.

While you are at it you can try beef,salmon or shrimp also piece of water melon for desert
people have fed those and tarantulas have taken them too.
I stick to roaches and crickets because I am too lazy to clean and replace substrate(or parts of it) after gourmet meals .Haha
Regards Konstantin

Last edited:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I'm just curious but have you been watching YouTube videos of people feeding their tarantulas mice?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not everything needs to be published in peer-reviewed literature, ie scientific fact, to know something isn't worth it.

Give your response to @cold blood I don't see why you bothered to post at all.