Can you confirm sex?

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
It looks obvious to me, but since it's my first look with my new microscope I wanted to check in with the experts. This is a 4" molt from a L. violaceopes. Thanks for looking :)

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
O.K., here's a tougher one. This is part of a 2.5" C. cyaneopubescens molt. It seems to me that there is a "line", but is it female? Are those tiny spermethecae in the middle?

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Alright, so far everyone is agreeing with me, so I guess I'm not out in left field at least. Here's my final two:

2.25" H. incei molt (I was surprised at how obvious this little one seems)

And finally, I believe my little G. pulchra is male - - anyone see anything to the contrary? This was a 2" molt.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First definitely female.
Second I believe is female and just undeveloped.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
First definitely female.
Second I believe is female and just undeveloped.
Ooh, I hope you're right on the G. pulchra - I'll definitely be checking future molts again.

On a side note, a couple people have messaged me interested in my new microscope :D - Here's the info if you're curious:

It's a "Carson Z-pix Digital Zoom Microscope" bought off of Amazon.com (currently selling for $50 - was $60 when I got it for Christmas). It's handheld and uses your computer screen as it's viewer. It also has a picture capture button right on the top like a digital camera. I LOVE mine and don't think you can get anything else close for the price. Oh yeah, these pictures are medium quality to save memory - - I could take full screen shots if I wanted too - when you view it, it's full screen.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sometimes it helps to take pics when dry or just moist as opposed to very wet. While the water separates and brings out some things it also tends to make some things transparent and gives funny depth perception. In some instances back lighting can reveal otherwise lost perspectives. No one way works best, different details will become apparent with each.

Bill

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Sometimes it helps to take pics when dry or just moist as opposed to very wet. While the water separates and brings out some things it also tends to make some things transparent and gives funny depth perception. In some instances back lighting can reveal otherwise lost perspectives. No one way works best, different details will become apparent with each.

Bill
Thanks for that info - - I'll definitely keep it in mind in the future. :)