can Vietnamese cent. be fed live mice?

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know this is not exactly on topic, but how are frozen mice killed?
The ones I get in the pet shop near me are gassed with CO2 as are the ones offered for sale by my internet based livefood supplier.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
..... humanly euthanized.....

these topics always bring out the best of the headache inducing conundrums......

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
..... humanly euthanized.....

these topics always bring out the best of the headache inducing conundrums......
Well, Carbon dioxide being the nicer alternative to being bludgeoned to death with a spoon.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
It is most definitely less painful for the mouse, but when you get right down to it, there really is nothing nice about it at all.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is most definitely less painful for the mouse, but when you get right down to it, there really is nothing nice about it at all.
No, there really isn't, but one way can be construed as much better than another. Thats where the humane part comes in. Its either inhaling a odorless, colorless gas and instantly passing out, and never waking up again. Or, the alternative, being slowly massicated to death in the jaws of a predator. Guess which one, I'd opt for.

On a side, note, I really cannot remember just exactly how this thread got started. I'll have to review.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I suppose we should wonder what the mouse would opt for.....

Thread started with a question about capability, and then degenerated, as this topic always does, until it finally reached here...... Don't think capability was truly in question though.... For moral support, most likely.

Bulldog08

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's so wrong its not funny. They are humanly euthanized with carbon dioxide and then frozen.
The bigger ones maybe, but the quickest way to kill the pinkies is to stick em in the freezer. I work at a lab and this is done, we handle more than 10k mice a year. I'm sure the people that sell mice as feeders do the same. Quick and easy.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The bigger ones maybe, but the quickest way to kill the pinkies is to stick em in the freezer. I work at a lab and this is done, we handle more than 10k mice a year. I'm sure the people that sell mice as feeders do the same. Quick and easy.
I fail to see how slowly freezing something to death is quicker than instantaneously gassing it. I worked in a lab too ;).

But this is outside the subject and frankly I am tired of arguing.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If that is so then your lab should be shut down and I wouldn't advertise that on a website like this.

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats interesting as I lost a mylasion jewel to one. I think you should rack up some exp. before making ignorant statements.
i dont need decades of experience to know that a newborn mouse with no fur, no teeth, and unopened eyes that can't even walk can't "mutilate" a centipede. if you are talking about older mice, say a fuzzy, don't say use the term "pinkie." get your terms straight before you go making ridiculous, stupid statements.

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the best way to kill a mouse is to drop it in a community of asian forest scorpions, it gets pulled into its component parts rather quickly.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I suppose we should wonder what the mouse would opt for.....

Thread started with a question about capability, and then degenerated, as this topic always does, until it finally reached here...... Don't think capability was truly in question though.... For moral support, most likely.
Yup...it's been at the immature bickering stage where no new info is brought up.

This is kind of like the 'Everyone Hates Me' thread's ugly, annoying little sister.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yup...it's been at the immature bickering stage where no new info is brought up.

This is kind of like the 'Everyone Hates Me' thread's ugly, annoying little sister.
Yea, I gotta agree. Kinda sad I helped contribute at one point. Apologies to everyone who actually comes here to learn.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
place a large cheese on the middle of your pedes tank...
set lose the cute mouse on the house.
and make pathways for the mouse leading to the tank.
if it destroyed your favorite stinky sock
i think you would prefer tossing the "rat" to the tank afterwards.
and would enjoy your wrath to the rat
but if it didnt destroyed your sock...
then set lose your pede...
and maybe one day...
youll find them both inside your shoe...

^^

LOL!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
place a large cheese on the middle of your pedes tank...
set lose the cute mouse on the house.
and make pathways for the mouse leading to the tank.
if it destroyed your favorite stinky sock
i think you would prefer tossing the "rat" to the tank afterwards.
and would enjoy your wrath to the rat
but if it didnt destroyed your sock...
then set lose your pede...
and maybe one day...
youll find them both inside your shoe...

^^

LOL!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
:confused: