Can T's sense through aquariums?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I decided to put my breeding pair of B vagans side by side in 10 gals and I was wondering can they sense one another through the tanks? I think I read somewhere on the boards that someone had a breeding pair of T's and they were tapping at one another through the glass so I thought I would ask.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure they can, but only through vibration. I think they sense each others vibrations and thus get each other riled up.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Their that sensitive that they can feel through aquariums? The reason im doing this is so I can kinda monitor when she feels comfortable to breed (if it works)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yup, they have to be. THey can't rely on their eyes or anything else like humans and other animals. Thats a good idea, or you can also do a thing called "shark tanking", which is to put the male in a small-medium KK and put it in the females tank. Good luck with the breeding though.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks.....How long should I wait for breeding since she just molted yesterday?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well your going to get some reports from me because I just bought a male for my GBB for next time and getting another one in a week or so for this time so hopefully i'll have some good success.