can Ts get sick......

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are Ts able to get sick if the caretaker of them is sick? i just was wondering because i'm sick right now and am kinda worried that by being around my Ts while i'm sick that they may catch it and die. are my worries justified??

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
catching sick

Nope, the T cant get sick from a human or other way around. Dont worry.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
alright, coolness. i knew that cats, dogs, and other animals can get sick, but i did not know if the same held true for Ts as well. glad to hear that.

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well theoretically they can get sick from you if you have what is known as a corona virus(a virus which can transmit the same strand from species to species via minor viral mutations)

although i have never heard of a corona virus jumping from a mammal to an arachnid it is still possible however unplausible it is.

not really something you got to worry about, should be more worried about coughing or sneasing on the lil guy and getting hairs flicked at you.

tospace

Arachnopeon
I wonder if there is like a common flu or cold for Ts. Like when my T is not active I wonder if he has a cold for Ts lol

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wonder if there is like a common flu or cold for Ts. Like when my T is not active I wonder if he has a cold for Ts lol
When your T is not active, he is being a perfectly happy, healthy tarantula. ;) When a T is active, it's either chasing prey, working on a web/burrow/whatever, or something is wrong.