Can T's catch dead insects or only moving ones?

Nandi

Arachnopeon
If I take a dead food in front of my Ts burrow, are they gonna it or food have to move in order to get noticed by the spider?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I've never had slings refuse pre killed. Some juveniles may not take dead prey, others will. Just leave the dead feeder at the mouth of the burrow overnight and if it's gone by morning you know it ate, if not take it out.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
With picky slings I some times "tickle" the pre-killed prey with a straw to simulate movement, this often works as well.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I leave prekilled prey items in at the entrance of my OBT's burrow, and it usually drags it in over night. You should try it out and if it doesnt work then you've really only lost 1 prey item so its not a big deal.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
My GBB sling is currently munching on a cricket leg I threw in his cage, I'd say so.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I feed my N. Chromatus and G. Rosea slings prekilled crickets and both slings will eat every time (my G. Rosea is an excellent eater for a 1/2" sling).

Nandi

Arachnopeon
That's interesting. I thought T's have very bad eyesight so they can only perceive moving food.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
That's interesting. I thought T's have very bad eyesight so they can only perceive moving food.
They do have bad eyesight but as far as I know they can "smell" chemical properties with setae on their tarsi which could be related to locating pre killed food.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
They have more senses than just vision. Besides, if it has bad eyesight in the first place, it's probably not hunting things by sight whether they move or not. :)

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
My slings eat pre killed no problem. I try moving it around with the feeding tongs to see if they will pounce it or not but not yet.
They do however push the carcasses out of their spaces they are really good at cleaning lol.