Can They Survive in This?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone. I bought a small acrylic enclosure, and I know it's way too big for the Ts in it, but how way too big is it? They barely ever leave their web and I usually just put a cricket in the web, which they catch easily. I went through **** to rehouse them, and it can't be undone (parents won't allow). Can they live in this? They are both 1" A. Versicolors. The [anonymous] seller assured me that they would be fine in this enclosure.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As long as you are putting the crickets where they can get them, and making sure they get them, then I don't see why not.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
K, thanks! One of them (pic #1) hasn't gotten to its meal yet (pic #1, middle). The crickets are pretty small today, though.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They will be fine. The primary concern of large enclosures is making sure the T is getting its food. As long as you know they are eating they will be fine.
On the plus side, you will not have to rehouse for about a year.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
They will be fine. The primary concern of large enclosures is making sure the T is getting its food. As long as you know they are eating they will be fine.
On the plus side, you will not have to rehouse for about a year.
W00t! Hi-five for procrastination!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What kind of wood is that in the enclosure? It almost looks like some sort of grapevine or something like it..

If it is.. I would replace it.. Its going to mold..

I could be wrong about what kind of wood it is...

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got it at Petco- isn't that safe enough?
If its from petco it is most likely mopani wood. Its an African hard wood commonly used in aquariums and reptariums. It might also be grapewood which is also safe to use.

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should have nothing to worry about.

That enclosure is no where near too big. Just make sure its got water, the food is not near as urgent- they can go quite a while without eating, honestly.

I'm always one to think that people highly underestimate their T's and they're ability to hunt. Those crickets don't stand a chance.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's less than ideal, but it's not like having more breathing room will kill them.
I mean, heck, it's not like wild T's live in terrariums or hobby cubes.

Alex G

Arachnopeon
Correct me if I'm wrong but the way you talk implies you have two A.versicolors living together in the same container?