Can someone pls tell me if these holes are too big for my sling?

Celiatastic

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I want to post my baby here because I can't tell if the holes are too big or not. I hope the pictures are clear enough.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
How big is the sling? Can you take another picture with your finger next to the hole?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello,

I want to post my baby here because I can't tell if the holes are too big or not. I hope the pictures are clear enough.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
You can tell yourself, not us. Measure carapace, if larger than hole, than no.

Celiatastic

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your reply. I got a couple more pictures here but I gave him a tiny hide he is really enjoying, that was the point of moving him so I dont wanna stress him out and stuff but I got the best I could and I will attach a few photos from the other day.

This was from the other day, its hard for me to tell because I'm not good at this yet lol

He is smol boi but not as small as the smallest, he is growing so idk.

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It’s hard to tell work certainty, but it looks like some holes may be too big some may be okay. For us to tell you we need to see how big the carapace is in comparison to the holes.

Celiatastic

Arachnopeon
It's so risky! I already had one escape into the abyss that is my office 😭

Thanks for the help!

This is like the best I'm probably gonna get. Im scared they might be too big. It's a nhandu chromatic so he doesn't climb much but im scared that if he did he would get through

Attachments

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
looks 50/ 50 chance it can escape worst case its gonna get stucktrying to squeeze out. best bet would be to buy the smallest drill bit you can find then measure it against the slings carapace i use a bit about the diameter of a tooth pick forget the size of it for my slings or just heat a safety pin/paperclip up and melt the vent holes

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Another alternative is to use condiment pots/deli pots and make holes with a pushpin. More small holes rather than a few big holes means you'll never have to worry about escapes.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Yes it is too big, trust me, it happened once to me about 5 years ago with a GBB, I found it though.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
From the first pic, I’ll say too big. I had a gbb sling around the same size escape through a similar size hole in the top of the lid. I didn’t pay any attention to it because I didn’t expect the T to go that high, was a bad assumption.

You already had one escape and now feel like your holes are too big for this one...go with your gut instinct. I personally wouldn‘t trust that it was escape proof.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Too big, high risk to escape... Like somebody wrote before, ignore the legs. Also the carapace of this tiny creature isn't hard as stone.

Celiatastic

Arachnopeon
I really appreciate the responses you guys. I will move him back to where he was with smaller holes, just a better setup than before.

The one I lost was a davus pentaloris and I had the lid taped on but the tape popped off in the middle of the night and he saw the freedom..... idk where he is now. Maybe in my carpet? Or behind the dresser? I'm hoping he will come up one day, but I am glad that I have an answer to this now! Thank you all!

Yes it is too big, trust me, it happened once to me about 5 years ago with a GBB, I found it though.
How did you find it?? I have been looking for my escaped davus pentaloris for a week!

maddog1219

Arachnosquire
honestly I would put his incolsure inside of another one incase if he was to escape he would just end up in the bigger enclosure