Can someone identify this, please?

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think this is a Haplopelma albostriatum juvenile but unsure. Can anyone help me out? It was given the name 'zebra spider' for identification. Helpful...NOT.
unidentified.jpg

Last edited:

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
Looks more like H. incei to me. Not saying that's what it is, because I have zero experience with them. It just looks more Holothele than Haplo to my untrained eye.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Looks more like H. incei to me. Not saying that's what it is, because I have zero experience with them. It just looks more Holothele than Haplo to my untrained eye.
come to think of it, yeah it does look like an H. incei. Good eye!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe its the lighting or angle or something but it doesn't even look like a tarantula to me. Looks more like a non-theraphosid mygalomorph. The legs just don't look right...:?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's a Nemesiidae not Theraphosidae. Some sort of Acanthogonatus sp. I have one, they are EXTREME webbers, known as Funnel Web Tarantulas. Look them up. I'm 100% positive and looking at it, it's probably already full grown. They are from South America.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! Not even a tarantula:eek: That is kind of cool. i love extreme webbers:D
i have it in 4" deep substrate with a starter hole as i thought it was a young Haplo or some such. Moist substrate. Alternate plans?

Thanks so much for the info!

Last edited:

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I failed to see where anything regarding the size of this animal was posted, so what size is it?

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oops. It's a 3-incher. And a lovely webber already:) But...is the container/set-up alright? It's big for her but i read they need plenty of overhead room for webbing as well as terrestrial opportunities. She's set up camp behind the plants nearish the top in a web . i read they do burrow occasionally...sub is 3+ inches deep.