Can someone identify the species ?

Jccarter18

Arachnopeon
I'm fairly new to this,I rescued this one from my cat yesterday but it's not active compared to when I just placed it.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20210124_093655.jpg

TheHouseof21pairs

Arachnosquire
It looks in a bad shape...the cat must’ve had a good go at it...most of the back legs are missing and some side ones too. I’d say it’s badly injured and will take a good couple of moults to recover from that if it hasn’t got any internal damage.
My suggestion is ...make sure you give it the right temp and moisture parameters and a little water dish. Let it be for a few days, as I said if it’s not damaged internally, it should get a little better and a little more active and maybe try to feed it just a little cricket and see. If it refuses leave it alone for another 2/3 days then try again. Centipedes are hardy little fuckers. Hopefully this will help. The big guys might be able to tell you more about it.
Take care

Jccarter18

Arachnopeon
It looks in a bad shape...the cat must’ve had a good go at it...most of the back legs are missing and some side ones too. I’d say it’s badly injured and will take a good couple of moults to recover from that if it hasn’t got any internal damage.
My suggestion is ...make sure you give it the right temp and moisture parameters and a little water dish. Let it be for a few days, as I said if it’s not damaged internally, it should get a little better and a little more active and maybe try to feed it just a little cricket and see. If it refuses leave it alone for another 2/3 days then try again. Centipedes are hardy little fuckers. Hopefully this will help. The big guys might be able to tell you more about it.
Take care
Yeah...... the cat has a history of hunting and killing them for fun it would seem ,Unfortunately it died .thanks for the info I'll be sure to use it in the future
Otherwise if I want to have one for myself as a pet I'll have to catch a wild one as they arent sold here..

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Yeah...... the cat has a history of hunting and killing them for fun it would seem ,Unfortunately it died .thanks for the info I'll be sure to use it in the future
Otherwise if I want to have one for myself as a pet I'll have to catch a wild one as they arent sold here..
Be sure you are okay with the laws there. Stateside we can own pretty much anything. I'm not kidding, you've all seen Tiger King. But the second you want to harbor a squirrel or local species and FWS finds out...I hope you have a. lot. of. money.

TheHouseof21pairs

Arachnosquire
I’m sorry it died..it actually was a nice little specimen. As @RoachCoach said make sure you check with your laws if allow you to catch, but more else keep a wild venomous animal in the house. Here in Italy for example we can’t catch and keep wild life like geckos, turtles, some birds and so forward...if get caught from Forestal police you get the specimen seized, a massive fine...and sometimes your sorry ass arrested!

Jccarter18

Arachnopeon
Well....... I highly doubt it's illegal to catch a centipede and keep it here but other creatures such as the yellow snake (endemic) and the american crocodile for example are protected by law.To import a centipede I think would be very difficult.