can someone id this lizard for me?

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
alright. my cousin came over my house today and gave me a lizard. apparently he got it from my other cousin, who lives in florida. when he came up to PA a few days ago, he started unloading stuff from his truck and found a lizard hiding inbetween some boxes. my cousin caught it, and i ended up with it. the problem is, i cant figure out what it is. can anyone id it? im thinking that its a species of anole, possibly anolis sagrei, since its got a dewlap and looks kinda like the anoles i used to own.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry for the bad pics. i couldnt get better ones at the moment.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm gonna agree with you, its some type of Anole. What kind, I'm not sure. I'm curious to find out which one it is, so I'll wait for the "experts" to drop by.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry, I just saw the pics, and didn't read your message, LOL.

Ok, I think you could be right, it could be an A. sagrei.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeps, it's a little Anolis sagrei (Brown or Bahamian). Definitely on the beat up side, almost looks as though it's got burn marks.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeps, it's a little Anolis sagrei (Brown or Bahamian). Definitely on the beat up side, almost looks as though it's got burn marks.
thanks. i have no clue whats wrong with it, if anything. im just going to make a cage similar to what my anoles were in when i had them. hopefully it turns out ok.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm not so sure it's a Bahama telling from the markings on his back and sides...not green either :?

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not so sure it's a Bahama telling from the markings on his back and sides...not green either :?
its got these brown marks that kinda look like diamonds along its sides, if that can help id it. i dont know if anyone can see that in the pics.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh well then I guess it's the picture {D Bahamas typically have diamond markings. In the pic it just looks like wavy lines.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm, maybe "burn marks" weren't the best description for what the wounds look like. Maybe necrotic tissue?

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What was in the van that the anole was in with?

If he was pressed up against something very hot or cold, or exposed to harmful chemicals then this could explain the tissue dying and becoming nectrotic.

You can try taking him to a vet but being so small you would be running a high risk of losing him under anaesthesia, if the vet was even willing to attempt to remove the tissue. Maybe a course of antibiotics to fight any localised infection and a pinch of good luck is what he needs.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hope he pulls through he's had quite a mis-adventure being so far away from home!

Barbedwirecat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its is a Brown Anole. I have had them truck up here too on the backs of trucks in plants. The local petstore normally just gives them to me when people bring them in. I had a hard time IDing them at first, but yea its a Common Brown Anole.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What was in the van that the anole was in with?

If he was pressed up against something very hot or cold, or exposed to harmful chemicals then this could explain the tissue dying and becoming nectrotic.

You can try taking him to a vet but being so small you would be running a high risk of losing him under anaesthesia, if the vet was even willing to attempt to remove the tissue. Maybe a course of antibiotics to fight any localised infection and a pinch of good luck is what he needs.
im not sure what was in the truck. i know it sounds cruel, but im not going to take it to the vet. i will take it if it lasts for at least a week. i think i'll be able to help it.

Hope he pulls through he's had quite a mis-adventure being so far away from home!
i hope so too.