Can Someone Help with ID

Creepy Crawling Guy

Arachnopeon
so i was watching tv like i used to suddenly this little guy puff out of nowhere so

and with a quick search the closest hit thats its a vietnamese centipede but i could be wrong

hes missing 1 of his last feet caught him like that

he is about 4.5cm (almost 2")

and some care tips would be nice
-substrate
-temp
-humidity
-enclosure size
-foods

Attachments

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Looks like Rhysida longipes

Damp substrate, room temperature for us living in the tropics, any feeder will do

Last edited:

Creepy Crawling Guy

Arachnopeon
Looks like Rhysida longipes
looks like it but all R.longipes i saw in the internet has translucent last pair of leg but the one i caught has solid red/orange hue for hslis las pair of leg and the rest of the legs is translucent maybe different morph

Could be Hemiscolopendra marginata.
search the species but what i caught has solid black with a little tint of green for color and H.marginata has almost have 2 visible colors

thanks a lot guys for alotting your time answering my question appreciated it alot

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
Hi, I saw you are from the Philippines so I guess you also found the centipede there. If you found it on the Philippines it defenetly couldn't be a R. longipes and also not H. marginata. Hard to say correctly from a pic...

Creepy Crawling Guy

Arachnopeon
hmm ID'ing centipede is hard ... but thanks for the help guys cant thank you enough

i put him in a 6" tall with a 4" diameter tupperware with lockable lid drill atleast 30 mini holes in the lid
substrate is mixture of coconut husk(60%), soil (30%) and moss(10%)
substrate is damp (when you squeeze no water comes out but feels wet)
several hours later no moist droplet can be seen in the enclosure (im assuming thats good)
after i put him in the enclosure he dig and hide up till now he never show his face again but i can see his tail
water source i didnt put any ,is a bottle cap will be fine?

am I doing everything right or should i change something ??

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
hmm ID'ing centipede is hard ... but thanks for the help guys cant thank you enough

i put him in a 6" tall with a 4" diameter tupperware with lockable lid drill atleast 30 mini holes in the lid
substrate is mixture of coconut husk(60%), soil (30%) and moss(10%)
substrate is damp (when you squeeze no water comes out but feels wet)
several hours later no moist droplet can be seen in the enclosure (im assuming thats good)
after i put him in the enclosure he dig and hide up till now he never show his face again but i can see his tail
water source i didnt put any ,is a bottle cap will be fine?

am I doing everything right or should i change something ??
You're doing it right, now you need a hide, multiple if you want and a bottle cap is fine, just make sure you dig it into the substrate a bit so the pede can acces it with absolute ease.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Hi, I saw you are from the Philippines so I guess you also found the centipede there. If you found it on the Philippines it defenetly couldn't be a R. longipes and also not H. marginata. Hard to say correctly from a pic...
R. longipes seems to be an introduced species in Southeast Asia. I found a bunch of them here in Malaysia as well.

Greg Pelka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just from this photo? Otostigminae sp. Probably Rhysida sp.
Can't say anything more.

About conditions - just look outside your house, these are the perfect conditions for it ;)