Can someone help me identify this heterometrus

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look up articles on them in google. Identifying them has to do with claw structure and the amount of "bumps" on their face.

I'm blanking on the scientific terms right now.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The picture is not sharp enough for anyone to be able to have a proper look at the important characteristics. Can you post another pic, but then sharp?

jgod790

Arachnoknight
Sorry thats not a Het. It is a Pandinus imperator. The Claws would be more "sharp" and "pointed" if it was Het.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry thats not a Het. It is a Pandinus imperator. The Claws would be more "sharp" and "pointed" if it was Het.
Fairly certain that is not a P. imp. No real granulation of the claws there indicating it being Pandinus... Ofcourse it could be the picture quality, but i am still going to say not a P. imp. As for what type of Het.. no clue...

jgod790

Arachnoknight
What makes you think its not an emp? I'm not trying to start a pointless argument, I would just like to know for educational purposes, cause it looks like an emp to me.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello jgod, the first pics show that there is not enough granulation on the chela for it to be an emp, too smooth. My forced guess would be H. petersii or laoticus, seems to be a big import lately of H. scorps that look like this, something like it is in a pet store here also.

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's most likely a H.laoticus, flashes black with no granulation on the carapace. Petersii usually flash green and have 'cheek' granulation, and as galapoheros said the lack of heavy granulation on the chelae make it a dead giveaway of being Heterometrus among other identifiers.

jgod790

Arachnoknight
Hello jgod, the first pics show that there is not enough granulation on the chela for it to be an emp, too smooth. My forced guess would be H. petersii or laoticus, seems to be a big import lately of H. scorps that look like this, something like it is in a pet store here also.
Thanks, I see it to now. Yea I was defiantly wrong to say it was an emp. Emps are not smooth like that.