can someone give me some info?

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys
My wife and I went to a reptile shop the other day and as we were looking at the T's one of the guys that worked there talked me into looking at the centipedes that they had there. I was pretty apprehensive at first......but after looking at them I was quite fascinated by them. Now I am convinced that I MUST have one! I would have brought one home that day but we don’t know enough about them and their care, so that is why I am making this post.

I do not know what species they are, all I know is they were reddish orange and about 6" long. I have been reading through the posts all morning long reading every thing I can about them, but I would like to hear more from you guys about there care, life span, eating habits, and anything else you could tell me about them.

About all I do know for sure is they are lightning fast, can chew through plastic, and should never be handled. Would a centipede do ok in the same temps as our T's? Low 70's?

Anything you guys could tell me would be great!

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What, nobody here can give me any general info on Centipedes and keeping them?:confused:

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have a look at scolopendra subspinipes dehaani. They are amonst the most commonly sold centipedes. You can also try to find info on scolopendra polymorpha. Try posting a pic, maybe we could help out better if we could ID your centipede.

phil.

Uehling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have a look at scolopendra subspinipes dehaani. They are amonst the most commonly sold centipedes. You can also try to find info on scolopendra polymorpha. Try posting a pic, maybe we could help out better if we could ID your centipede.

phil.
thanks for your reply. I will look that species up and see what I find.
As far as being able to identify my centipede......I would post a pic but as I said in my post we didn't buy it because we dont know anything about them.