Can Smoke from Fires Harm Tarantulas?

Wolfden

Arachnopeon
I would like to know if smoke from nearby fires will harm my tarantulas. There are two fires burning near me and I like to keep my windows open as much as possible and a window fan on. Yesterday with how high the Temps were I actually had my AC on and the apartment closed up but normally the windows are open, and the AC is off cause its just too expensive to run.

Last edited:

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
A lot of exposure to smoke will kill most things...

However if you able to be in the apartment without too much discomfort I recon your Ts will be okay. I would just make sure once the fire and smoke has died out be sure to get some fresh air in there. If using the aircon is an option I'd probably go that way.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Close the windows and use the a/c until the smoke is gone. It's not good for you to be breathing that either.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
^^^ True ^^^

And, smoke for smoke, smoking for smoking, at least smoke old school toasty tobacco. Even the lungs needs their moment of glory :troll:

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
May I ask what kind of fires? Is someone burning your neighbourhood down, have you gone all medieval and started to burn witches at the stake again or is it regular bonfires?

Wolfden

Arachnopeon
There is a forest fire burning south of where I live and the smoke is blow in in our direction.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
There is a forest fire burning south of where I live and the smoke is blow in in our direction.
That´s bad, hopefully it will get under control soon and everyone will be safe and sound! Just keep your windows closed until then. The amount of smoke from a forest fire won´t be healthy for you to breath in.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
2 years ago I was homeless for two weeks in between two apartments. Had a buddy watch my T's. His apartments caught on fire due to his dryer. He's fine and so are the T's. Far as smoke goes, the cages were just really really really really really really dirty. Still have most of the same T's.