Can location can be factor?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What made me thinking, and I been talking to few good friends/hobbyists, some no mater how much they try they seems cant get some species to produce offspring's for them, tried range of temperatures and humidity levels, is there is a possibly location factor for certain species, high/low pressures?
Did anyone in lets say FL produced of any Poecilotheria species?

or its just nudder brainstorms of mine ;P

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I kind of doubt it since there are many people in Europe (and other parts of the world) breeding diff species, and of course, they do not match to the exact preassure,altitude etc conditions of their native lands...

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had regalis and formosa last year...

That doesn't mean I would completely dismiss the possibility of what you're suggesting, Anastasia. It wouldn't surprise me if it at the very least played a factor.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I kind of doubt it since there are many people in Europe (and other parts of the world) breeding diff species, and of course, they do not match to the exact preassure,altitude etc conditions of their native lands...
you probably right.. and Europeans just have a special plan :D

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I had regalis and formosa last year...

That doesn't mean I would completely dismiss the possibility of what you're suggesting, Anastasia. It wouldn't surprise me if it at the very least played a factor.
OK, good, I have couple folks in FL that was wondering about Poec species

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I think Long Island has been cursed lately:wall:{D

Later, Tom

midiglitter

Arachnopeon
is there is a possibly location factor for certain species, high/low pressures?
would it be possible that it's related to water?..
like .. I was thinking that different places have different water ingrediants,
such as minerals.. does anyone think it can make a difference?

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think Long Island has been cursed lately:wall:{D

Later, Tom
one of my Russian buddies suggest for me to lay off vodka :rolleyes:
but seriously, I still thinking there is possibility

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just give the vodka to the spiders..I'm strongly considering Tequila for mine,due to my close proximity with Mexico...

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know when I bred certain fish species, that we often speculated with certain species that barometric pressure changes could induce spawning. We would notice that certain species would spawn before or during a rainstorm, which made sense when you factored in their natural environment. It would make alot of sense to think that all living organisms are similar in that certain environmental triggers ready them for reproduction.