Can ironclad beetles live with O. ornatus

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I have diabolical ironclad beetles and I was wondering if they can live with Texas banded millipede. I have another tank but since they are from the same region and they eat the same thing I think they can live together but I’m not sure.

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
Theoretically? Yes. Would I advise it? No. I tend to keep Orthoporus slightly more humid than ironclads, and they are going to require an organic matter substrate which is not essential for the beetles. I love both this species, but I would keep them separately. I don't know anyone whose put them together.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I figured if they can be kept with a scorpion, a millipede can’t do anything, and it they eat the same thing, they shouldn’t do anything. I think I will try it and if anything goes wrong, I will separate them. Thank you.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I tried to put them together and one was fine and was climbing on the wood but the other kept walking onto or right next to the millipede like he was eating or smelling him so I put them back in the deli cup and I will get them another tub tomorrow. I only have two but I’m getting more soon