Can I see your Isopod Cultures?

Taysha

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, I have a colony of about 60 A Vulgare. I have then on I’m currently using oak bark, oak sticks, oak leaves, magnolia leaves, oyster shells, and magnolia pods on eco earth.
Could I see your setups for inspiration? I know mine needs some improvement so critique is welcome.
IMG_2523.JPG

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I'm no expert but your setup looks kinda sweet!

You should YouTube "aquarimax" he's a user here and has a lot of videos up on isopod care and setup

Taysha

Arachnosquire
I'm no expert but your setup looks kinda sweet!

You should YouTube "aquarimax" he's a user here and has a lot of videos up on isopod care and setup
Oh awesome! I’ll absolutely check that out! Thank you so much!
And I appreciate it! They are already having little guys so I’m hoping they have everything they need :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Oh awesome! I’ll absolutely check that out! Thank you so much!
And I appreciate it! They are already having little guys so I’m hoping they have everything they need :)
If they're reproducing then they usually have everything they need :)... Congratulations!

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Hey guys, I have a colony of about 60 A Vulgare. I have then on I’m currently using oak bark, oak sticks, oak leaves, magnolia leaves, oyster shells, and magnolia pods on eco earth.
Could I see your setups for inspiration? I know mine needs some improvement so critique is welcome.
View attachment 310404
I'm going against the grain and keeping all of my isopods in Exo Terra Breeding Boxes; I actually like to watch them at night in a clear container rather than a bin. Just blocked off some ventilation with contact paper.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I'm going against the grain and keeping all of my isopods in Exo Terra Breeding Boxes; I actually like to watch them at night in a clear container rather than a bin. Just blocked off some ventilation with contact paper.
Nice approach! I'm planning to get some clear containers for my next setups.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
View attachment 310404
Looking good so far! What is your ventilation like?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Do you guys get a lot of flies coming to these enclosures?
If you put nosee'um mesh over the ventilation holes and use what would normally have been airtight containers, then no. Not many (if any) flies. Granted I'm still kind of new to isopods, but once I started using the mesh it cut down on the flies.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
If you put nosee'um mesh over the ventilation holes and use what would normally have been airtight containers, then no. Not many (if any) flies. Granted I'm still kind of new to isopods, but once I started using the mesh it cut down on the flies.
Completely unrelated but this is okay yo do for snails too?