Can I Put Pumpkin Patches In A Communal?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
No. What you will get is cannibalism and one remaining spider with a waste of money doing so.

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
There's not a single species recorded by science that has been shown to be communal in the wild. Do the RIGHT thing, NOT the CRAZY thing. ;) :rolleyes:
N. incei have been found living communally in the wild but yes I agree, communals are a bad idea

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Yes you can. To do so, put each of them in an enclosure, then put them side by side communally.

For example: yes, they are scorpions, not tarantulas, but you get the basic idea.

5682C72F-ACC9-4BE1-8B17-9356760C8560.jpeg

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
Provide direct data to support your claim.
I don’t have a picture but if you do a quick search you can find a few sources saying so including Toms Big Spiders (I think has valid info) however after more research it seems more like cohabitation then actually communal behaviors

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I don’t have a picture but if you do a quick search you can find a few sources saying so including Toms Big Spiders (I think has valid info) however after more research it seems more like cohabitation then actually communal behaviors
In a speculatory and controlled environment, people will say and try communals whether it be in the wild or not. But in terms of proving communals in the wild with actual study, it isn't a scientifically proven fact that there are any true communal tarantulas as of yet. I forgot what species it was, but there was a species of tarantula that shared their burrows with frogs. And I think that is about as communal as you can find as of now with tarantulas.

Either way, hobbyists are not arachnologists so we most likely speculate a lot of things when it comes to information that hasn't been proven or known yet. It doesn't mean there isn't a lot of information as there is a good amount out there. What I'm saying is that there is still a lot to know and a lot to figure out for both hobbyists and Arachnologists.

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
Can you? Yes. Should you? Not if you want all of them alive at the end of it.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Where is this bandwagon 'I want to start a communal' coming from?

I've been seeing way too many post on this from new posters.

I don't understand it. Communals are for much more experienced keepers if they decide they even want to do it as they know the risk.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Pumpkin Patch are not tolerant of each other. The female H. sp. Columbia I have has eaten 4 MMs in the last 1.5 years. She is a cold killer. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen her receptive once!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Pumpkin Patch are not tolerant of each other. The female H. sp. Columbia I have has eaten 4 MMs in the last 1.5 years. She is a cold killer. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen her receptive once!
rough date.:cool: My GBB is tough to breed as well. "You're cute and all but I'm hungry"

it happens because shops like selling multiples. "They are communal, here, buy 6"