Can I make this centipede tank (not in use yet) less escapable or should I give up on it

Skreemre

Arachnopeon
So recently I bought an Idesign plastic storage container for my centipede (Alipes Grandidieri), her current tank should be big enough as shes only 8cm (3 inches) long right now and the jar is 15x15x17cm (6" x 6" x 6.7") but I wanted her to have a bigger more complex enclosure as she's very active (In the picture of the jar i took most of her decor out to use in the new tank it's usually more crowded). The new tank is 30x11x17cm (12" x 4" x 6.7") , it has a hinge lid that closes completely without a gap and if I weigh it down I don't think she will be able to push out (not sure though so let me know) and I'm gonna poke a load of ventilation holes using a hot needle (another problem with the glass jar). My problem is at the back the hinges have quite a gap around them that she would definitely be able to crawl through. I stuck some tape on the inside to try to block them but obviously this isn't effective enough. If I hot glue around the hinges to close the gap (It should still free and open as normal) will that be enough to stop her getting out or should I just ditch the idea completely and use it for something else.
new tank.JPG lid closed.JPG lid open.JPG hing gap.JPG current tank jar.JPG

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
you can totally just hot glue them closed. i would do both sides to be sure though.

HunterScolo

Arachnosquire
Just use Tupperware containers with the clamp on lid. The ones that have a rubber or foam gasket around the rim

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hahaha I got the same containers for my centipedes. It's a shoe box.

My suggestion is that if they can get their head through that space, don't. You don't want to mess with an IF when it comes to these guys. If it ever gets out, there's very little chance of finding it ever again and centipedes are definitely escape artists, prying, clawing, squeezing themselves to freedom but depending on where you live, most likely a short lived freedom.

I would vouch for a different container, there's many to choose from. You can def find latches and whatnot at your local hardware store and make it so the top won't pop out and more secure.
I got it because it's nice and clear and I originally wanted to keep my sub adult dwarf tarantulas in it.

I would also vouch that if you do make holes, use a drill with an angle, a drill for plastic that'll make a clean hole. It's a nice enclosure so make nice holes :p The drill is like five bucks found online.