Can I keep A.gigas in a storage tub?

artchic528

Arachnopeon
I saw that some A. gigas millipedes are for sale on some common websites like underground reptiles. I’ve been wanting these big beauties for years!!! I was wondering if I could house them in a clear sterilite storage tub. I read an A. gigas needs at least a 40 gallon breeder tank, but they are heavy and awkward for me to move around. Also, would a heat mat melt a storage tub?

ReleasetheHag

Arachnopeon
I saw that some A. gigas millipedes are for sale on some common websites like underground reptiles. I’ve been wanting these big beauties for years!!! I was wondering if I could house them in a clear sterilite storage tub. I read an A. gigas needs at least a 40 gallon breeder tank, but they are heavy and awkward for me to move around. Also, would a heat mat melt a storage tub?
I don’t have the answer to your question, but be careful on UG.. I’ve never bought an invert off their site but they don’t have the best reputation among reptile owners.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Hm, we use heat mats stuck under storage tubs for snakes but absolutely must have a thermostat plugged in to prevent over heating.

Do your research though on the heating for pedes, I've kept those but it was like 25 years ago, in glass, with heated room, so I'm not sure if they would dig too close to the heat source, however if it were properly controlled then likely fine. Hard one because you now have to balance humidity and heat, but you will hear from the pros soon i'm sure.

Does this room not stay warm enough? What others do you keep in this room?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Do not heat and invertebrate tank from the bottom!! Never ever!