can i keep a adult terrestrial T in a Exo-terra Large Cricket Keeper

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
if i got bit id probably suck it up and stay home for a couple days. unless i was in crazy pain or passing out.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I have good insurance and my butt is most likely in the ER if I get bit by an OW. What is there to prove by toughing it out?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I have good insurance and my butt is most likely in the ER if I get bit by an OW. What is there to prove by toughing it out?
My insurance sucks but also
My childhood has left me with an overall hatred for hospitals. This is probably alot to do with it. I fealt the same way when i went for the black widow bite but i literally fealt like death leading up to actually going. I would probably stay home if i ever got tagged by a widow again. Or i would die and not know.

cold blood

Staff member
Why would you go? Because i wouldnt. I went to the hospital after a latrodectus bite. And was sent home. I just dont think i personally would go for a bite from a p metallica. After having that experience. Before everyone jumps in. I had the dead latro that i killed after it bit me for ID purposes and i was definitely invenomated and felt decent pain and nausea but the doctors sent me home from boise idaho hospital. Told me to come back if i had an increase on my fever. What im saying is a latro is actually recorded killing a human and no tarantula is. I guess i dont see the problem with going for a t bite just dont know why you would bother if it wasnt life threatening anyway
Its not about what you or i would do, its what many people would and do in fact do after pokie bites.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hospital is unlikely from a p metallica bite.
Objectively speaking, one can say it's likely as well as unlikely, as we don't know how each person's genetics, biochemistry and physiology will play their part in an OW Poki T bite.

There are clinical reports of adult men being sent to the ER, these papers are freely available on the internet, they all lived. Some had problems with their heart beating properly. Is that a good enough reason to go to the ER for the general public, generally speaking it is.

When it comes to OW bites, esp known hot species like this genus it's not wise to be so dismissive. Particularly to users who we have no idea what their background, ie experience is. You do those people a disservice really.

It's seems clear this person doesn't have a lot of Poki experience or they wouldn't have asked the question if they did. I'm glad the OP asked the question.

I went to the ER when I broke my wrist, and I wasn't dying when it happened.
Bob now that's just crazy talk, I tell ya, unless you've been bitten by a great white shark, stay home! ;)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Bob now that's just crazy talk, I tell ya, unless you've been bitten by a great white shark, stay home! ;)
Did I say I broke my wrist? Sorry, I meant a great white shark bit off my wrist. My bad, stupid autocorrect and all.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
If I got bit by one of my Pokies I would immediately self-amputate the area with a rusty knife (only cowards and wussies get tetanus), cauterize it with a spork heated over a man made fire pit (no screaming allowed), then go headbutt a hippo while riding a shark.

BECAUSE I'M JUST THAT TOUGH.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm with you although I had an op around 7 years ago. I was in pain but don't like needles. So I declined pain relief after. The nurses did say though after a few rounds if my readings where worse on their next round I'd be having pain relief whether I wanted it or not. I won.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I smell troll post, but in case its not, i hope the OP takes the hospital talk seriously an starts out w/a proper beginner species.
Thats all

Last edited:

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I smell troll post in case its not, i hope the OP takes the hospital talk seriously an starts out w/a proper beginner species.
Thats all
So very true .
He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and
walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So very true .
He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and
walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Or just this:

First learn stand. Then learn fly.
~Mr. Miyagi in 'the Karate Kid' ~